FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overclocking failed....PLEASE HELP

Post Date: 2015-12-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bongoboard View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bongoboard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Overclocking failed....PLEASE HELP
    Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 7:25am
i will start of by saying that i have the vanquish 4 level 4 pc from digital storms and there is a 50% chance i can actually turn the computer on. 25% of the time i get a screen saying American Megatrends over clocking failed. says i have 0 drive, 6keyboards, 3mice, 2 hubs, the person i spoke with from digital storms told me to plug my computer directly into the wall outlet instead of a power strip... not sure why i would ever do that because there is no surge protector anymore but i did it anyways and still got the same problem. the other 25% of fails is my monitor, i have went through 4 monitors in the past 2 months, (thats besides the point), currently i have an asus 3d 144 hz monitor which 25% of the time flashes upon turning on the computer, also if im idle to long and wake it up it does it so i have to restart the computer. can anyone help me. I havent changed any settings in the bios or anything i literally got this computer 3 weeks ago and it can barely turn on.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 7:35am
Hi bongoboard. ....   Sounds like you have an unstable overclock.   They had you plug directly into the wall because some surge protectors have caused voltage problems to the power supply and it effects the overclock.

First, don't use Sleep or hibernation.   They work just fine for many but it can also cause lots of issued for some. With today's fast boot times, really not needed.

Second, for the overclock....  Go into Bios, load defaults, usually F5, save F10 and exit.   You will lose the DS overclock but your cpu still has very good clock speeds from the factory.  

If it runs fine afterwards, with oc gone, you'll need to get in touch with DS next week to help tweak the oc.  Usually just a small increase in vcore voltage will fix it. 

Hope this helps.  Big%20Smile

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 5:52pm
Sorry to hear, if you are still having issues, please do contact our team directly so we can help you.
Purpletalon55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 1:19am
This happened to me as well once but it went away after rebooting and checking the bios. Loving the computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply