FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overclocking monitor causes windows 10 to boot to

Post Date: 2019-05-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ericlanser View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ericlanser Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Overclocking monitor causes windows 10 to boot to
    Posted: 01 May 2019 at 2:29am
When I have my Asus PG248Q monitor overclocked to it's advertised 180hz, my computer boots to a black screen. It goes to the loading circle with a windows logo, but it never makes it to the login screen. If I disable overclocking on my monitor, it will then load the login screen, and after signing in, I can switch back to the 180hz. It also works fine if I boot with overclocking disabled from the start. So my question is, how can I get it to boot properly with my monitor overclocked?

I'm currently running windows 10 insider build 18362.53.

Another problem I have with this monitor, is it won't overclock unless I create a custom resolution in Nvidia control panel and set it to CVT reduced blank. Also on 2 of the GPU DP ports it already has the overclocked refresh rates as an option, so it refuses to let me create a custom resolution on those ports.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Online
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:40am
I don't have a clue. Just trying to be helpful, I'm doubting there is anyone likely to see your post here that can help. It seems you should seek out an Asus monitor forum, or refer you concerns to Asus itself.

Like you, I think your monitor should perform as advertised, but there are so many variables involved in all overclocking, that I think you need to get closer to the specific knowledge base. Hope I'm wrong and someone steps up right behind me to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply