Post Date: 2020-04-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jclawr12 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jclawr12 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Overdue gaming rig
    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 5:00pm
Please let me know if you have any recommendations for this build! I’ve waited awhile to purchase this, so I want to try to get it right.

I already have a 4K monitor and the build will be used primarily for gaming - high to highest settings, 4K res.

$5,474.00
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair HX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
HDD Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
RAID Config: RAID 0: Striping: Performance, But No Data Fault Tolerance (Requires 2 Identical HDDs)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 4 Year Limited Warranty (4 Year Labor & 2 Year Part Replacement)
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:37pm
Welcome to DS.

That system will run 4K at max with no issues. Strong

I am not one of the configuration gurus but the only thing I would change is deleting the gpu overclocking. Not needed with that card and you have it on air so it could turn out to be slower because of thermal throttling down.

The gurus will ask about the amount of RAM, you really only need 8GB for gaming and 32GB is the sweet spot for future proofing right now unless you do some specific work where you need more.

You chose the Velox. It is a DS proprietary exclusive design. In case you don't know, it has the window on the right side with the mobo installed upside down and gpu(s) on top of the cpu. It is very comfortable to work in.

Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:02am
hoserator's right on the money.

The RAM is overkill for just about everything. Mostly that extra 32GB will be idle. 850W for the PSU is plenty of overhead for your system. At least about 300W in reserve. Feel free to go your own way, but that's my take.
Jclawr12 View Drop Down

Quote Jclawr12 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:53am
I appreciate the feedback! I was trying to get what I could while I could, the wife only lets me splurge once in a blue moon - gotta make it count!
 Post Reply Post Reply