FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P150EM Wireless Card

Post Date: 2014-06-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vendetta_IV View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vendetta_IV Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: P150EM Wireless Card
    Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:22pm
Hello all,

I own a 15" DS laptop with win7 bought around 3 years ago, with a Killer N-1103 Wireless card in it. Great laptop all around, still keeping up with current games, but I've always had a problem with the wireless card.

I've never posted about my problem but have read in various other problems that people have had with the Killer cards (specifically the N-1103). It doesn't give me too much of an issue in Windows 7, but after upgrading to Windows 8 every time, with a fresh install, the Killer card would not cooperate with my system. Intermittent connection drops lasting anywhere from 5 seconds to requiring me to turn off and on the antenna to allow the device to reconnect was extremely common and made online gaming impossible.

Now, I would like to upgrade to Windows 8 again, but am completely sure that The N-1103 can no longer act effectively as my wireless card, so I've come here for advice on what sort of wireless card I should get that will be extremely reliable for gaming and compatible with Windows 8? The 1103 has 3 antennas, so my P150EM is already wired for 3 antennas though the card does not specifically need to utilize all three.

I have tried a different network card already, an Intel 6300, but the problems were actually worse with that card, so I returned it.

TL;DR: I'd like a new wireless card for my laptop, that is reliable, fast and compatible with Windows 8, any suggestions?

TFD_Industries View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TFD_Industries Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 8:10pm
I'm using Killer N1202 with windows 8, and I've never encountered any problem with it. I did a registry clean up after I installed windows 8, and had to re-install most drivers. After all that, everything worked fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply