Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LebrawnBrains View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LebrawnBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: PC build for Warzone
    Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:45am
Budget:
$3,000 - $4,500 (wide range I know)

Expectations: don't want to have to upgrade this PC for the next 4-5 years.

Usage: Warzone, future FPS (rainbow six);civilization, GTA.

Special Needs:
looking for a quiet computer

Saved Ticket #: 3888706
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2021 at 4:26am
It's mysterious why you cite a $4500 budget and spec-build a $5149 monster.

There's a longish discussion as to why you might be very disappointed in an Intel Gen 10 build in the post just below entitled "Could use some input regarding components". Gen 10 is an obsolete platform. Gen 11 is out, supports PCIe 4,but is not yet available here because of supply issues. It could be coming any day. If you must have Intel, inquire as to timing, but I will not recommend the PCIe Gen 3 platform you have chosen. Gen 4 is 2 times the throughput. Your Samsung 980 is gimped out of the box, and will never run at spec.

I am averse to recommend custom liquid cooling. It's not necessary for keeping your CPU well within safe temps at all times, an AOI liquid cooler manages that quite nicely. It's possible it may leak on arrival. It may leak sometime afterwards, and it requires quite a bit of maintenance that would annoy the heck out of me. It's an appearance item only. Without it, the rig you have would be within your budget.

You make no statement that indicates you would need a 3080 GPU. At these prices, you should consider very carefully what you need for your monitor preference, and not go overboard. The money you could be wasting is pretty ridiculous.

I don't recommend the extended warranty. In practice, any electronic part that hasn't failed within a year is highly unlikely to within 3. The $399 would be more than needed to replace just about any part besides the overpriced GPU.

You could look at this build for contrast:

3889846    $4000. The AMD 5800X is within a whisker of the 10900k's performance and supports PCIe Generation 4. Includes a much stronger motherboard. There's room in the budget for a 3080 if you must, but the card is for high frames at 4K res. If you're at 1440p or 4k at 60Hz, the 3070 is correct at these prices for sure.

I'm not recommending the Aventum for this build, it's what you picked. The same in a Lumos would save $240.

I have a feeling you will tweak it the way you want, and that's fine. I'm just showing some alternate choices. Give full consideration to the platform issue. Read the discussion we had below.
LebrawnBrains View Drop Down

Quote LebrawnBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:55pm
Thank you for your response it was very detailed.

I did take into consideration your recommendations. I actually opted to change to the 3090, because of what I plan on doing in the future which will involve actually using the graphics card for what it will be built for.

Let me know what you think of this build:

If you have any changes let me know, much appreciated.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2021 at 4:46am
A very powerful build. I assume you know what you need, and will make good use of the extra super-fast storage.

The only thing I have is to wonder just how useful the airflow controller will be in the smaller case with fewer fans. I would ask a DS tech what he thinks about it. It may not do a whole lot for you. I've never used one, but I don't insist on as quiet as some others. There is some fan control through the UEFI Bios. Otherwise, it's kind of...wow!
 Post Reply Post Reply