FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pc freezing when playing Warzone

Post Date: 2022-09-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bolsen27 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bolsen27 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Pc freezing when playing Warzone
    Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:01pm
Hi all,

I’ve been desperately trying to sort this out for about a month now. I’ve been playing Warzone almost everyday for a very long time with 0 issues. Then around mid August my PC started to freeze and lock up when I would be playing Warzone. Sometimes it will do it even if I’m just in the menus of the game. It’s driving me nuts.

My graphics driver is up to date. Not sure what else to check or do. Pretty much the only thing I use the pc for is to play Warzone.
Bolsen27 View Drop Down

Quote Bolsen27 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:10pm
1 additional thing- it doesn’t happen all the time. I can go a few days with no issues. It can happen the 1st game of the day then not again. Or it can happen over and over again.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 4:24pm
How GPU intensive is the game? Could it be a thermal throttling problem? Do you run temp checks/programs/benchmarks to make certain your gpu is staying withing acceptable heat parameters? When was the last time you did a physical (not digital) cleaning of the machines fans/vents/screens?

Secondarily, if this is online PvP could it be an ISP/connectivity issue? Can you run a speed/stability test like fast.com?

Lastly, if this is a Steam® game, have you verified local files as something in the interface is bugged?

Those are the first thrings I would check. I'm certain The Smart Guys® will be along shortly to offer some advice...

Best of luck!
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 7:33pm
Had a similar issue with Ghost Recon:Wildlands I just purchased on sale through Steam.

Sometimes played fine, but many times would get freezing during the game. Like severe stuttering as if frames rates had dropped down to 5-10 fps.

After tweaking with settings (game eye candy), didn't really seem to help. Setting parameters in nVidia control panel specific to that game.............. still no luck, I remembered that another game I had long ago did the same thing. What turned out to be the problem is that now and then a game does not play well with certain frame rates.

I capped the in game frame rates to 60, game recommendation AND set the frame rate limit in nVidia control panel for the game at the same number, 60 fps.
This fixed the issue for me. Check your settings.
My game did not play well with anything over 60 fps so I had to cap the game, card and monitor at 60fps. All is good now.

My monitor runs at 144Hz, 34 inch curved and play at 1440p resolution.

Old Gamers Never Die!
 Post Reply Post Reply