Post Date: 2019-06-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aalexxv_ View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aalexxv_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: PC Quality Question
    Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:38pm
Hello I have had a console for many years now and been wanting to switch to PC I have looked into building a pc but decided that I was to unexperienced I’ve never built a PC nor owned one. Many of my friends tell me not to buy a prebuilt pc as the parts/computer many not be the best but this site looks promising. To everyone that has bought a Pc from this site. Which one did you buy? How much did it cost? How has the PC been any damages or has it been amazing? Lastly, how long have you owned it for?

Thank you for any replies that you will give me!

Edited by aalexxv_ - 19 Jun 2019 at 7:40pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 8:50pm
Welcome to the forum aalexxv_!

Price depends on what computer you ultimately select from all of the possible choices.   Quality, reliability and tons of good component choices is why you buy a DS built rig.   I have bought 4 DS computers since 2011, and all are still impressing people.   

Vanquish and Lynx builds have mostly pre-selected components, and lower prices between $700-$2,000 as a result.

Lumos, Velox, Bolt & Aventum are all custom builds. You decide what components to use and what you want to spend.   Name brand higher quality & performance components will cost a bit more to use. These builds can run anywhere from $2,000-$15,000 and up.

Any DS PC you buy will finish assembly and enter a quality control phase where they will carefully stress test the fully assembled PC components under full gaming loads.   If it fails testing they start over with all new components and will complete a new PC.

Best way to begin is to decide on your budget.
Tell us what kind of games you play.
Then tell us what monitor &resolution that you hope to use with this new DS PC. That will help us suggest a couple builds as "Configurations" you can look at by using the number we provide to run the "Load Config" tool in the upper right header. Easy...

aalexxv_ View Drop Down

Quote aalexxv_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 9:21pm
Thank you for replying to my message!

I play fps games love the Modern Warfare and Black ops series. I am now playing survival raid games like Conan exiles and when I get a PC I’ll get Rust don’t have a strict budget but it’s around 1,000-1,400 USD This budget includes on what I’ll spend on the monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, and Headset.

As for the monitor I preferably want to try to get a monitor that matches my computers capability because I don’t want an amazing pc but a monitor that runs on 1080p max But if it’s to expensive I’ll still settle with a good pc but a 1080p monitor.. Nothing more than 27 inches.

(It says “To prevent spam you may not use a link) To tell you what I’m talking about can you send me your email? If not I can send you mine. If you don’t want that either I can just tell you the Specs of the two options on the forum

☝🏼

That link if you click it will take you to a page on this website if you scroll down to the “Select and Buy” section and you will see four PC’s I am thinking of getting either the “Better” Or “Best” option. Reason being is I don’t know which one will meet my Gaming Needs which are to run a game on Good Graphic setting smoothly. And overall to have a Smooth Good Computer.

The price for the “Better” option is $999 And for the “Best” option the price is $1,399.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:28pm
They did not allow that link, lol, but the DS build I think you should want for that budget is the Lynx Level 3 at $1399.    In the black header Load Config tool above, enter the Config number listed below and it will show you all the components in the Level 3 build and its price.

For what you seek to do, gaming wise and at 1080P for a monitor, Lynx 3 has a brand new NVidia RTX 2060 entry level video card that should allow you good frame rates and game play at 1080P on medium settings....possibly even high settings on many titles.

Lynx Level 3 build...($1399) Config #      2433220

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8-Core) CPU (3.2 ghz) - Air cooled
X470 motherboard
16 GB (2666 mhz) DS RAM
NVidia RTX 2060 GPU (6 gb vRAM)
600w DS stock PSU
RGB Case lights and Case Fans

That does not include monitor, keyboard nor the other peripherals.   You need your new PC to have the bones needed for the gaming you want to do.   DS offers some monitors, Keyboards and mice, and headsets for convenience...but you could probably find better prices on peripherals by shopping for those on sites like amazon, newegg, or bestbuy.

If your budget can be increased, most of us on the forum agree the very best value & bang for the buck in the DS lineup is the Lynx Level 4 (Ultimate) at $1999.    A better selection of mid-range components that would game much stronger with the NVidia RTX 2070 do-everything-well mid range video card, better Intel i7-9700 processor - DS 240mm sealed maintenence free water cooled, better Z390 motherboard, faster speed RAM, and stronger 750w PSU.

Lynx Level 4 ($1999) Config # 2433243

Intel I-7 9700 (8-Core / 3.6 ghz) CPU -DS 240mm liquid cooler
Z390 motherboard
16 GB (3200 mhz) DS RAM
NVidia RTX 2070 GPU (8 gb vRAM)
750w DS Modular / Gold efficiency PSU
DS RGB Case lights and RGB Case Fans

See what you think....
aalexxv_ View Drop Down

Quote aalexxv_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:39pm
I was also wondering how do you think this PC 2433291 (Configuration Code) Is a good entry level PC

You’ve been such a help Thank you !!!
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 11:23pm
That Vanquish Level 2 build is a less capable gaming rig that really only accomplishes a $1k price point...but would not serve you nearly as well nor as long as the others I listed above.

Less capable 6 core air cooled Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Less capable smaller B350 mini ATX motherboard
Half the RAM (8 gb and slower 2400 mhz)
Only includes one 2TB SATA III standard hard drive
Less capable GTX 1050 Ti GPU with less VRAM (4 gb)

Think you would be way better off with better equipped Lynx 3 or Lynx 4...

Edited by HockeyBuck - 19 Jun 2019 at 11:25pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:43am
HockeyBuck's made the best case for the Lynx level3 for what you want. Especially, it will be all you need for several years, and that's important. One niggle: the RTX 2060 is no "entry level" video card! It happens to be less powerful than the other newest tech from Nvidia, but is THE choice for gaming at 1080p. You will be able to play high settings and get high frame rates on almost everything, For example, 104 avg fps on Battlefield V.

A much better example of an "entry-level" GPU would be the 1050 Ti that comes with the Vanquish level 2. The RTX 2060 is about 60% better in every way! (The GTX 1050, -no Ti- is the real entry level from Nvidia.)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with gaming at 1080p. It's a great resolution for smaller monitors, and you'll be able to get a very nice one for under $200. Get an IPS panel for best color and viewing angles. I've been gaming on a 1080p IPS for the last nine years.

Edited by Cretae - 20 Jun 2019 at 8:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply