FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Performance Issues

Post Date: 2021-01-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Harter10 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Harter10 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Performance Issues
    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:17pm
Good Afternoon and thank you in advance for any assistance / suggestions. I have no clue where to begin!

I stream games and have been having performance issues no matter how much I turn down a lot of my settings. My stream has trouble dropping frames and gets really bogged down when alerts are triggered. My build is below and I have since out in 32gb ram and a 3070 Gpu. Have I overextended the installed CPU .. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for reading this

Chassis Model: Digital Storm VANQUISH 7 - Level 1 (MPN-2400G-APU)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (4-Core) (Boost Up to 3.9 GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS / MSI (AMD A320M Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 8GB DDR4 Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series
Storage Set 1: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Graphics Card(s): Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:31am
IDK much at all about streaming, but it occurs to me that this rig was fine until something changed lately? Is it the quality/complexity of the video stream?

That rig in the day was considered a solid dedicated streaming output at about 720p to run alongside a gaming rig. If you have used it for both until just recently, the first place I would check is what happened to my upload speed. I don't suspect the native hardware unless you are trying to upload a much higher quality video signal.

DS Lifetime support is a real thing. You can ask them anything and they will help you. Just be patient as Cali is a real mess right now battling the Virus, and everyone is stretched thin.

Hope it helps.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 8:13am
I am definitely not one of The Smart Guys® that wander these forums, giving great advice and direction. I'm just curious about the 3070 where your specs say you're using the integrated Radeon.

Are your issues a recent issue, as Cretae asked, where something recently changed?
Harter10 View Drop Down

Quote Harter10 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:31pm
Thank you for the responses! I re-scale the output through my streaming program (OBS Studio) down to 720p.

Also, I disabled the integrated graphics card when i initially installed a 1660Ti graphics card.. and have just upgrade to the 3070. While graphically the rig performs much much better, I've noticed that the CPU usage is near 100% almost the entire time I'm streaming so any additional load causes lag issues.

When playing games offline, I can use all the highest in game graphics settings and the games run flawlessly!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 3:37am
AFIK, there are ways, perhaps through the programming you use for output, that will mostly use the CPU for the streaming task. There are other ways that the GPU can share some or much of that load. (Which the 3070 is more than capable of!) IDK what those ways are, but it seems clear your 3 year old CPU has begun to struggle over time.

You can Google these issues and get good answers, I've done it just out of curiosity before. I just don't recall offhand what the better solution might be for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply