FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peripherals not recognized/powering

Post Date: 2022-02-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Galactart122 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Galactart122 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Peripherals not recognized/powering
    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 1:16pm
I’ve been having this issue with my PC where whenever I turn it on the power light will show it’s on, but when I plug in the monitor, mouse, and keyboard only the mouse will light up (regardless of what order I plug everything in)

A couple of times I got the mouse and the keyboard to both light up, but even when I managed to do that usually the monitor would not recognize it was plugged into the pc. I only managed to get it to recognize everything including the monitor once, and then it showed me an American Megatrends screen, but it froze and when I restarted it the PC went back to only recognizing the mouse.

I was told this might be a psu issue, and I hope to get it checked out soon, but until then I am just trying to figure out if this is the only potential issue. It was working perfectly fine before this- I had it on and was actively using it like normal and it seemed perfectly fine, but I restarted it because a program wouldn’t open and when it came back on the screen started glitching black suddenly so I ended up restarting it again. After that it just gradually got worse until it ended up how it is now.

I’ve tried plugging it in directly to the wall, unplugging everything and plugging everything back in one by one, and trying different outlets, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Hopefully someone can tell me what this might be caused by. Any help is greatly appreciated!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 1:53pm
Hi Galactart122……Couple of things yo try.

Turn off the rig, unplug from wall and hold in the case power button for several seconds to “flush” any faults and help recognize hardware. This is a long shot but has worked.

Remove your ram DIMM modules and then reinstall. If still a problem then try only one ram stick at a time, checking for peripheral power each time.

Make sure peripherals are plugged in before booting pc. Sometimes if it doesn’t see a device it won’t load drivers for it. Uncommon but still happens.

Good luck.

Galactart122 View Drop Down

Quote Galactart122 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Galactart122……Couple of things yo try.

Turn off the rig, unplug from wall and hold in the case power button for several seconds to “flush” any faults and help recognize hardware. This is a long shot but has worked.

Remove your ram DIMM modules and then reinstall. If still a problem then try only one ram stick at a time, checking for peripheral power each time.

Make sure peripherals are plugged in before booting pc. Sometimes if it doesn’t see a device it won’t load drivers for it. Uncommon but still happens.

Good luck.

I just tried all of your suggestions, but unfortunately I had no luck. Thank you for your help, though!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 2:36pm
Could be a power delivery or psu issue.    Never saw the psu itself cause this, so maybe something plugged into the motherboard.   I would remove the graphics card, plug monitor into motherboard video port and try it. After that unplug drives from SATA port on mobo, one at a time and try.   Your main OS drive unplugged won’t boot OS but usb power, I think, is still there.

Make sure any external devices are unplugged like a programmable keyboard, mouse, Use a straight mouse or keyboard.   

I’ve heard that flashing your mobo might fix it but I’ve never tried that.

Make sure the 24 pin and 6/8 pin cpu plugs to mobo are seated correctly.

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 6:03pm
Monitoring the Thread!
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply