Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dark Wyste View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Please Review
    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 5:40am
I am looking at this config:
Play MORPG, Battlefield and some RTS games with Freends. Have an alienware about 7 years old and it just not keeping up.

I was concerned when I called 1800 to ask a question as the women seem to indicate that the people on the forums will be better to answer then the sales guys so I thought posting here would be a good idea. Did not give me any confidence in the call and did not expect that from the company, and hope this is not an indication of how the company works.

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: ASUS 27 inch MG278Q (G-SYNC) (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (2560x1440)
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:33am
Welcome to the forum Dark Wyste !

Lol...Kinda cool for us on the forum that they said that...   We like helping folks with our experience here.    I have purchased 4 DS rigs since 2011, all still running strong and used daily...and most recently a Lumos that my son uses.    Good company...you will get a killer DS rig that will last you a long time and upgrade well.

I like your strong Lumos build configuration.    Top end CPU, mobo, GPU, fans...and you are taking advantage of both fast M.2 NVME SSD Drive ports.     Plenty of cooling for the Stage 2 OC.     For gaming you should know that 16 GB is all you will need, but because RAM is so inexpensive right now I wouldn’t discourage 32 GB if you can afford it, as it can be useful for other activities like video encoding or editing work.   

You won’t need that DS Thermal Management board.    You could make use of the Corsair Command module in its place if you want to monitor all of your Corsair component fans and temps, as it works with the Corsair Fan Control Module that comes with the Corsair ML Series fan upgrade kit..    

I would upgrade to Corsair Vengeance RAM if you can...longer Corsair factory warranty than the one yr DS.    You will download Corsair iCue software to control the RGB color scheme of all your Corsair RGB components for a personalized look.

What questions did you have about the Lumos build?

Edited by HockeyBuck - 21 Jul 2019 at 12:36am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:52am
+1
Powerful build.
 Post Reply Post Reply