FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Final Build

Post Date: 2024-01-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tidusx99 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tidusx99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Potential Final Build
    Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 10:45am
I've typically always used Intel based systems but not opposed to AMD especially with today's dynamic/use of them and benchmarks tending to favor AMD at times.

I have seen some punishment of the 4070 Super having a 10-15% drop in performance not 100% on this or sold on it and completely open to going to a 4060 if it tends to perform better.

I feel like the 1000W PSU has more pro's than the 850CM Corsair due to the GPU/64GB Ram as well as the peripheral accessories that I'll be adding on but open to suggestions.

Dont really need anything more than the 1TB Samsung M2; may be open to have a boot drive solely for OS if the performance metrics have a greater set of pros but if not its cost saving (earned value >).

Budget:

Expectations:
Looking to have my second DS system last for years without worry of upgrading or concerns with the usage.

Usage:
Came back to professional gaming a few weeks ago after a long hiatus. With Stormgate on the horizon in a week for me as well as Starcraft 2 ESL Season, looking to play these two specifically while streaming again.

Will be using mic/cam/elgato stream deck, dual monitors, streamlabs ultra, spotify/discord in the background are the main applications/accessories being used.

I tend to run 6-10 hours straight when actively streaming and playing.

Special Needs:
No real special needs other than longevity and minimal upkeep.

Saved Ticket #:

AMD version / https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=4854466

Intel version / https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=4855687

Thank you for taking a look and inputs/conversations regarding. Truly appreciate it.
kimnancy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kimnancy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 2:55am
Your configurations look well-balanced, considering your gaming and streaming needs. The 1000W PSU is a good choice for the GPU and accessories. As for the storage, a dedicated boot drive can offer slight performance advantages, but the cost-saving approach with a single 1TB M.2 drive is reasonable.

If you're open to AMD, it's a solid choice, and the 4070 Super should handle gaming and streaming smoothly. However, if concerns about the reported performance drop exist, going with the 4060 might be a safer bet.

Ultimately, both configurations seem robust, and your decision may come down to personal preferences and any potential future-proofing considerations. Feel free to ask if you have more specific questions!
 Post Reply Post Reply