FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Power on issues

Post Date: 2022-05-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AirHog View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AirHog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Power on issues
    Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:50pm
So I have a Velox x pc and I've had it since December and its been doing this for a while but recently when I power it on, I have to push the power button, then wait for the debug led thingy on the motherboard to turn green, then push the restart button. It just won't boot up with a single press of the power button. And when I have updates and I have to restart, I have to do the whole cycle again. Recently, I tried to install windows 11 and with all the restarting your pc does with that update, it broke and I had to wipe my entire pc, 13.4 terabytes of information. I'm a flight simmer so the terrain files get pretty big. Also I lost tons of licensed programs and paid files. probably close to 3 thousand dollars in total, maybe a little less. But like I don't think this is software because I've tried a lot of things. Like walking into my room and putting my phone on the charger on my desk, with my pc on it to, will cause my pc monitors to turn black. And sometimes in the game, my monitors will turn in rainbow static. Like the static we all know of but just like white, blue, red, green, and stuff. I have lost so much money and years of irreplaceable files so please can someone give me a list of things to do to try to fix this? -Thank You

Ryzen 9 5900x
RTX 3080ti
32gb ddr4 3600mhz trident z
hardline water cooling
x570 plus motherboard
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2022 at 4:12pm
So many things it could be , but my best guess is a bad graphics card.   The debug thing, colors random on the screen, etc. point to the card. Try removing and then reseating the card.   A screw on the back wall needs to be removed and a clip on outboard end of data connector where it plugs into motherboard needs to be pressed away from card to unlatch it.

If you have an older graphics card that would be great. Swap it in to test with different card.   If your motherboard has onboard graphics, remove graphics card and use the rear motherboard graphics connector to test the system.

Good luck.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2022 at 7:42pm
I would have been on the phone with Digital Storm the second something didn't act right especially on a new PC. I am on my 2nd DS and after 12 years of working with DS I know that they go out of their way to work with you even on a weekend to be sure your system is performing as it did when it left their facility.

Good luck as you seek resolution. The Digital Storm Forum is nice but I never hesitated to call Digital Storm immediately when I needed help.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply