FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premiere pro editing rig

Post Date: 2019-04-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Centriboostedsn View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centriboostedsn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Premiere pro editing rig
    Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 5:03am
Budget:
$2000

Expectations:
Currently have an older 27" iMac and it just can’t keep up anymore. Needing something to render descent and be able to handle effects and color grading in a timeline with faster rendering.

Usage:
I will be using the computer for mainly premiere pro and after effects for video editing and rendering.
Will a lynx level 4 do the job or would something With a better processor than the i7 9700k be better and get another graphics card down the road?

Thanks
Mike
EdmundRaz View Drop Down

Quote EdmundRaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Centriboostedsn

Budget:
$2000

Expectations:
Currently have graet success with these probiotics for IBS and an older 27" iMac and it just can’t keep up anymore. Needing something to render descent and be able to handle effects and color grading in a timeline with faster rendering.

Usage:
I will be using the computer for mainly premiere pro and after effects for video editing and rendering.
Will a lynx level 4 do the job or would something With a better processor than the i7 9700k be better and get another graphics card down the road?

Thanks
Mike

i7 9700k is pretty powerful, no? Is there even a vastly more powerful CPU out there at this point? That doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that is.

Edited by EdmundRaz - 15 Sep 2023 at 7:13am
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 12:52pm
Here’s a recent link on some pointers for good video editing rigs...
https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-for-video-editing/
Centriboostedsn View Drop Down

Quote Centriboostedsn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm
Thanks for the read! As far as prebuilt goes i would say the Lynx 4 ma do as i need. Do you agree?

HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:38pm
Yup!   It would I think be a great start.   Both Adobe programs would run fine on a Lynx 4, and that RTX 2070 will also get you strong 2K or 1080p gaming at high settings.    When you can, you may find a faster M.2 NVMe SSD Drive and more RAM helpful...but those are easy upgrades you can do yourself.   
 Post Reply Post Reply