FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Purchasing a new PC

Post Date: 2019-05-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adonias888 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote adonias888 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Purchasing a new PC
    Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:55pm
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and Buying the right PC for myself. So before I buy I would like suggestions to see which model I should go for. I am purely looking for a the best gaming desktop Digital Storm has to offer with a budget of 2K. Eventually I would like to build my own PC and was wondering if I should consider buying the lumos model or the velox model which I believe does offer expansions right? So pls any suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated,
        Thank you

Edited by adonias888 - 04 May 2019 at 6:58pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:48pm
Welcome to the Forum adonias888!

If your budget is $2,000 ....the very best value in the DS lineup would be the Lynx Level 4 at $1,999.    Centered around an excellent Intel i7 9700K cpu (can be overclocked). on a Z390 motherboard with 16 GByte RAM, SSD drive 1, a 2 TB storage drive 2, and a 750w modular power supply.    This build has the excellent RTX 2070 mid range video card that plays just about everything pretty well at 1080P or 2K /1440p.   You even get RGB lights and RGB case fans.

Lynx Level 4    $1,999     Config # 2376803

These same components in a Lumos or Velox build would go over your budget by about $500+ for a Lumos   $ 2,520. Config # 2376825
and more for a Velox.    If you can build to a bit higher budget the Lumos and Velox are very customizable DS builds, but better components and performance will cost more...

Keep in mind here that the Lynx model build is a very upgradeable set of quality components that you yourself could upgrade or improve on later when you are ready.    See what you think about Lynx...

Edited by HockeyBuck - 05 May 2019 at 11:56am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:35am
HockeyBuck says it all.

That flavor Lynx is missing nothing of any importance to your gaming experience at this price point.
adonias888 View Drop Down

Quote adonias888 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Welcome to the Forum adonias888!

If your budget is $2,000 ....the very best value in the DS lineup would be the Lynx Level 4 at $1,999.    Centered around an excellent Intel i7 9700K cpu (can be overclocked). on a Z390 motherboard with 16 GByte RAM, SSD drive 1, a 2 TB storage drive 2, and a 750w modular power supply.    This build has the excellent RTX 2070 mid range video card that plays just about everything pretty well at 1080P or 2K /1440p.   You even get RGB lights and RGB case fans.

Lynx Level 4    $1,999     Config # 2376803

These same components in a Lumos or Velox build would go over your budget by about $500+ for a Lumos   $ 2,520. Config # 2376825
and more for a Velox.    If you can build to a bit higher budget the Lumos and Velox are very customizable DS builds, but better components and performance will cost more...

Keep in mind here that the Lynx model build is a very upgradeable set of quality components that you yourself could upgrade or improve on later when you are ready.    See what you think about Lynx...

Hello, thank you so much for the suggestions and advice. I was looking alot into the lynx as well already so I think for right now this might be the best option for me. Thanks again for your help I really do appreciate it
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:23pm
We're happy to help!
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 May 2019 at 5:46pm
I can second their opinions. Alex might be willing to let you get into the 2080 RTX not the Ti, but the 2080 for the build.

But I still think the 2070 will be a great card,

I would go with a smaller case and put more performance in. Similarly
Spec’d Velox’s go for ~3k range for the case.

The Velox X is a great looking chassis, but I think utilizing your budget with the recommended case is ideal.

Alex’s team design it to be upgradable. Just my opinion. If he let the base model holster an i9 then that would be the ultimate. However, I like the lynx.
 Post Reply Post Reply