FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about 5850 VRM temps

Post Date: 2010-07-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SWhip View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question about 5850 VRM temps
    Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:27pm
Hey guys!

so after getting my EK waterblock and overclocking a little bit, i noticed that my VRM temps seem to be extremely high for watercooling (or so i think)

At around 1.16V @ 925/1150 my VRM temps shoot up to 90C within 15 seconds of furmark

I've been told that the VRMs have been rated at 120C, but im still not comfortable with 90C temps especially when i read online that other ppl are getting around 60C VRM temps with aftermarket cooling at equal or higher overclocked settings.

I have tried Reseatting my EK waterblock and making sure the thermal pads are touching and even added a bit of thermal grease. Unfortunately i havent been able to find the solution or reason as to why my VRM temps are so high >.<

Also i noticed that when my GPU is at full load i hear a quiet hiss from it. I presume its from the VRMs? and should it be of any concern?

thanks

SWhip
Intel iInfiniti @ 9.9Ghz, w/ Warp Speed on (temps never get above absolute zero)
(6) Nvd GTAwesome 999s
2 Tb of Extreme Extreme Extreme Corsair High Performance DDR25 Ram
Cooling: 1 Wind Tunnel Fan
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 8:19pm
just ran mine using heaven benchmark, seems to get the temps higher than furmark, on continious loop for 30 min... mine is running a lot higher overclock, and voltages..
84F in my office.
here are the max readings,

Post Reply Post Reply