FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about buying another computer

Post Date: 2010-11-12

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rolet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 287
  Quote Rolet Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question about buying another computer
    Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:54pm
Hi guys, its been a while since I've posted here. I bought a DS computer about 4 years ago and I've really enjoyed it and I'm thinking of getting another new computer sometime in the future. I was wondering if DS allows to return an old system they've bought from them to get credit onto buying a new computer? Like maybe salvage my case or something.

Thanks :)
x9700 @ 3.60 Ghz
XFX 790i Ultra
1200W PC Power & Cooling ESA
2 8800 Ultra OC
4GB 1800 OCZ
150g raptor (Raid 0), 1TB
Watercool CPU/Dual GPU
Creative XiFi Fatality
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 9:32pm
I'm sorry, we won't be able to take the older one back. However, you could sell that awesome system on eBay, to a friend, Craigslist, etc...
Back to Top
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2312
  Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 1:00am
Replace mobo. Replace CPU. Replace GPU. Total Cost = ~$800.
Backup files. Reinstall Windows. Reinstate files, reinstall software. Voila. New system.

Sell old mobo, CPU, and GPU on eBay. Estimated return moneys - ~$250

Net moneys spent - ~$650

Total that would be spent on entire new system - $1800

Net moneys saved for later use - $~1150

The beauty of systems with standard parts my friend (as opposed to Dells and their annoying nonstandard parts).


Edited by ablahblah - 13 Nov 2010 at 1:02am
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 6.640625E-02 seconds.