FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about McAfee antivirus

Post Date: 2014-01-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tequiza View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tequiza Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question about McAfee antivirus
    Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 10:20am
Hi all,

I just ordered a custom Marauder V2 and it will arrive tomorrow. (Whoo hoo!) I haven't had a desktop PC in over 5 years so I'm pretty jazzed.

I get a ridiculous deal on all McAfee products through my work and was thinking about picking up the McAfee total protection package.

My question is, will McAfee severely tax my new system and suck all of the gaming juice out of it? Has anyone here had experience with McAfee recently? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 11:04am
Hi Tequiza.. Welcome to the forums and Congrats on the Marauder 2.  

Everyone has their favorites but, for me, I get whatever Comcast is giving for free with their service.  Hahaha    For awhile it was McAfee and now its Norton.   Never had any issues with either.   I haven't checked their resource usage lately, as I only have a couple of tabs open at once and only surf with nothing else going on.   Eset and others are less resource hungry but it doesn't bother me.  Big%20Smile

Let us know what you think after you fire up the new rig.  A couple of pics would be nice.  Big%20Smile     We love pics.  Drooling

Edited by bprat22 - 02 Jan 2014 at 11:05am
forrest74 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote forrest74 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 11:13am
McAfee Total Protection = Internet Security (which I have) + Social Network Protection (which I DO NOT have)

Have used McAfee Internet Security for the past 7 years with no problems.  When McAfee updates, my system slows down just a tad and I can hear the fan rpms increase, but that is only for a few minutes.  I can still get my frags.

I will use McAfee on my new DS system to arrive in about two weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply