Question about RAMPost Date: 2015-12-15 |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
krazyhippy
Groupie
Joined: 26 Nov 2015 Online Status: Offline Posts: 186 |
Quote Reply
Topic: Question about RAMPosted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:29pm |
|
So, I would like to update my RAM at sometime but wanna keep the same brand memory. Digital Storm says it is Certified memory at 2666MHz and it is Adata VPG RAM but it looks like Adata doesn't sell that RAM at the Freq. Also, when I run a bench with CPU-Z it shows that it is at 1333MHz and they don't seem to sell that either. I might be missing something or reading it wrong......so if anybody can give some insight that would be great. I hope that made sense what I said.
|
|
|
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz Asus Z170-K 16GB RAM 250 SSD 1TB HDD GeForce GTX 980 4GB Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card |
|
![]() |
|
bprat22
DS ELITE
DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Joined: 08 Jun 2011 Online Status: Offline Posts: 20391 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:39pm |
|
The ram probably ships as 2133 and the 2666 is one of the XMP profiles within the ram that DS set it at for stability. Not unusual.
CPU-z shows speed as half the actual advertised speed. That is normal. DDR as in DDR4 means double data rate and CPU-Z reads it at single rate. So half. When matching ram the timings you see under Memory tab are what you try to match. 9-9-9-24 for example. |
|
![]() |
|
krazyhippy
Groupie
Joined: 26 Nov 2015 Online Status: Offline Posts: 186 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 5:12pm |
|
Ok that makes sense and I thank you sir for your insight.
|
|
|
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz Asus Z170-K 16GB RAM 250 SSD 1TB HDD GeForce GTX 980 4GB Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card |
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |