FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about

Post Date: 2020-01-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Truffleshuffle View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Truffleshuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question about
    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 8:01pm
Ok, When I get my PC I ordered from Digital storm it will have a 240 M.2 that will basically boot up drive. I plan on placing all my gaming on my 1T SSD I already have that I will be transferring from my old PC to the New PC. What would I need to do? DO I need to delete everything already on my SSD and just start from scratch?I mean the saves and stuff will not just be able to be used or anything, right?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 4:45am
Your old SSD should be recognized in Windows, and should perform exactly as it did before. (As long as you were using a Windows OS!) If Win doesn't recognize the drive, just Google "Win 10 not recognizing old drive" and follow instructions. It's a pretty easy fix, but long-ish to go into here. You might not need it. I migrated an HDD over from Win 7 and Win 10 saw it right away.
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Cretae

Your old SSD should be recognized in Windows, and should perform exactly as it did before. (As long as you were using a Windows OS!) If Win doesn't recognize the drive, just Google "Win 10 not recognizing old drive" and follow instructions. It's a pretty easy fix, but long-ish to go into here. You might not need it. I migrated an HDD over from Win 7 and Win 10 saw it right away.

Can you help me too with in migrating from Win7 to Win10? any simple steps that arent that technical? TIA
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:15am
If the SSD you are migrating just has games and data, WIN 10 will read it just fine without any changes needed. They both use the same (NTFS) file system.

The only thing left to say is if the SSD has WIN 7 on it, WIN 7 won't work in your new machine. That's just because Microsoft has your WIN 7 registered to your other computer's specs and it will look like you're trying to use the same license on two different machines.
 Post Reply Post Reply