Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mwd123 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mwd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Questions about Bolt Config
    Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:57pm
Hi DS Forums!

Apologies if it’s against the rules to clear out the default prompts in this sub forum, but it didn’t apply to my question so if this is better suited somewhere else than mods feel free to delete!

Anyway, I’ve been considering getting a DS pc for a quite a while and now that senior year of college is underway and the promise of a salary is oh so close, I’ve become more serious about getting a new rig. I really like the clean look of the bolt and am highly impressed by the aesthetics DS gets on their custom loops with it, especially considering it’s an ITX.

My only concerns relate to the defaults, per se, that DS loops come equipped with. To elaborate, since I’d most likely opt for hardline tubing, would I get a say on the layout/design of the loop? I really like the appearance of excess fittings and am not a huge fan of bended tubes, so is this something that could be accommodated based on other people’s experiences?

Apologies for the unnecessarily long post, but hey I’m sitting in an Uber so I had some to kill! I look forward to any and all responses and thanks in advance to anybody whom provides some insight!

Cheers!
Brett
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:25pm
Welcome to the forum Mwd123.   Congrats on nearing the end of school!   

DS is very flexible in meeting build or special part requests on builds of their customers...you ask DS and then see what they will do on your build and what that price and or delays will be.   

That said, Bolt is a very small form factor case...and DS experience with what works and what does not work well in the small space provided will need to be controlling how this all goes together.   Heat in that particular case has to be mitigated or component failures will occur, and parts have to fit in the small Bolt case spaces provided.    

Also, you should know that when we hear of leaks on the forum, it's usually hard line tubing due to shipping bounces and drops.   Hard line tubing looks cool, but as it is not at all flexible... it can also be harder to work with for routine access or maintenance as it doesn't move out of the way for you...lol.    If you are going to ask for more 90 deg fittings and fewer tubing bends on the loop...just be aware that would be asking for more tubing connections and more risk of leaks.    We generally recommend the flex tubing here on the forum as much more forgiving if you are shipping the rig.

Mwd123 View Drop Down

Quote Mwd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 2:25pm
Thanks for the response! That's great to know about the customization and associated risks of the hardline, I will keep that in mind when I finally pull the trigger!
 Post Reply Post Reply