FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about the Colored water cooling

Post Date: 2020-05-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WickedDoc View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote WickedDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Questions about the Colored water cooling
    Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:16pm
So I'm struggling between breaking budget and getting the H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System or possibly just getting the H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) and saving enough to stay closer to the budget of 3000

would that Cooling system honestly make any more of a difference?

Expectations:
Stream and Play games at max settings without worry and no need for upgrading for awhile
Usage:
High end gaming and Streaming at the same time

Special Needs:

Specifications:Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16-Core) 4.7 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Performance Series (Semi-Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Red Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
-WickedDoc, I drink and I know things
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:31pm
If you are hoping to play and stream games on max settings, and not worry about upgrading for awhile, you need to go much higher than a GeForce GTX 1650.

What monitor resolution will you be playing games at? That has a big impact on the GPU selection.

You probably don't need a 1000W power supply either, with what you currently have selected for components.

I have an Intel i7 9700K and an RTX 2070 Super and an 850W power supply is more than adequate for that system.
WickedDoc View Drop Down

Quote WickedDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:38pm
I have a 1440p 144hz 3ms monitor and I just noticed the graphics card, whats your recommendation? Also what about the cooling system?
-WickedDoc, I drink and I know things
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2020 at 8:21pm
I have an Alienware 34" 1440P monitor. The RTX 2070 Super works great with that resolution. So, if you play at 1440P, you probably don't want to go any less than a 2070 Super.

I have a completely air cooled system in a Lumos case with the Corsair ML fans, so, I have no experience with the water cooled systems. Someone will be along shortly with some good advice on the water cooling.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2020 at 10:28pm
I have a Lumos in Stage 6. I agree that you want at least a 2070 Super and that you don't need 1000 watts. Mine has an 850 in it running a 2080 Super and an i7-9700K.

I personally went with the Digital Storm Stage 2 Liquid Cooling with no maintenance. While I did want some bling I did not want to take ** any ** chance of spilling any water inside the case. So I have the CPU water-cooled and the LL fans for the case cooling.

GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:35am
To the OP: are you aware that the Aventum X is not intended to be a budget system? With two DS-designed water blocks, 11-case fans, and room for over 560mm of radiator space, the Aventum X is intended to be run long, hard and hot.

For your budget, I would build a great system using the Lumos. 1440p gaming needs at least a 2070 GPU. The 3950X is not the best CPU if gaming is your primary use. It is a great CPU but really shines when using it with multi-core workloads.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:38am
Custom liquid cooling is not required at all. Most air-cooled systems you design here will typically run at least 25C in the safe zone, and usually better than that.

Your build is not very optimal for what you want from it. You can get a great gamer/streamer for $3000 or less with some better part selection.

> The case. The Aventum is just not for $3000 budgets. It cost around $400 more than a Velox and $500 more than a Lumos just for the "box" your parts come in. Then you have to pay at least $200 extra for shipping the 90 pound beast. It's cool, but not $700 cool when you need parts that will work for you.

>The 3950X is way more than you need. the 3800X would do the job, but if you get real, you can have a 3900X.

This is a build I would recommend that would game very well, and stream even better. It costs $3003 because there is a $300 discount:

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3134107     

$3,303.00     $3,303.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12-Core) 4.6 GHz Turbo

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON (Wi-Fi) (X570 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)

System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)

Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)

Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

119591     -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $300

You can get the cost down even more if you want to. You can get the DS RAM.

You can ditch the second Firecuda NVMe and get something less. I selected those BTW because they are newer PCIe 4 parts to go with your PCIe 4 enabled mobo. They are about 5 times faster than SATA SSDs and they will be game-changing upgrades for everything you do.

You don't HAVE to have the Corsair LL Series case fans, but they look amazing in the Lumos case. You download iCue software from Corsair that lets you have full control over the colors and fan speeds.

You could save on all those and put it toward the 3950X, but I don't think you need that proc.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Cretae - 27 May 2020 at 4:42am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2020 at 5:31am
That's why they are called The Smart Guys®....
 Post Reply Post Reply