Post Date: 2011-08-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zieno View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zieno Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Quick questions
    Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 10:55pm
so i've decided on a build (on my last thread)

But a few questions

1: Is it easy to upgrade graphics cards with the stage 6 liquid cooling? and is it possible to liquid cool the new cards? (as in i do it myself)

2: If I dont feel like poking around the LC setup can i just send the computer with the new graphics card and would digital storm upgrade it and liquid cool it?

Edited by Zieno - 05 Aug 2011 at 11:38pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 6:54pm
1. it all depends on how comfortable you are dealing with an LC system, I like to say its easy, you can call DS and have them walk you thru flushing your system, once you know how to flush your system, you you know how to take your lc apart, after that your are left with putting the new block on the new gpu (new gpu will need its own block) and then connecting it back in the system in place of old gpus/blocks.

there are many videos/info around on the net on putting a block on gpu and what to do with an lc system, have a loot at them and see if you are up for it, if not then dont' do it.

2. you can send it back as that is part of your 3 year warranty (free labor) however you pay for shipping back and forth, if you get the gpus and block from DS it will cost a little more then getting yourself, but then of course DS will install and test so you get to skip out on rma and etc, all in all it will cost lot more to upgrade the thru DS if you are not close to DS due to the shipping costs, but if you are close to DS then its well worth it IMHO.

for your and the readers:

Please post in your original threads, it becomes very difficult to try and remember/relocate all the posters info, it helps us a lot if you good folks keep to one thread, we/I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by DST4ME - 06 Aug 2011 at 6:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply