Post Date: 2010-07-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
roadkingbill View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote roadkingbill Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Radiator Question
    Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 4:31pm
This water cooling stuff can get addicting. Ok I have a two month old sytem that is phase 6 duel loop cooled with an OC 930 (4.0) and one GTX 480.
I replaced the stock 240 rad with a XSPC 360 with 3 gentle typhons and 3 other fans I had for a push pull setup. The pull fans are slowed down. This dropped my temps 5-7c on the CPU.

I ordered a GTX 280, (the one that uses 140 fans) with the idea of moving the XSPC 360 to replace the stock Blk Ice rad inside the case. I wanted to match the rad with the 3 Typhoons instead of slowing down the stock Zalmans as they are not efficent slowed down.

I am now considering purchashing a second XSPC 360 for the GPU and adding the new GTX 280 to the first XSPC 360 rad outside the case. So what I am asking is it is possible to have two rads chained together, spaced apart by fans. 

So total of 3 rads, two for the CPU on one loop, the other XSPC single for the GPU.

Hope this makes sense.
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:13pm
sandwiching radiators does not work very well, unless you are using high speed fans, or a lot of them. like push, pull, plus the one in the middle.

a triple for a GPU is plenty, and a triple for a CPU is good, adding the GTX 280 will only lower your Delta a couple degrees.. so not really worth it.. but lol.
roadkingbill View Drop Down

Quote roadkingbill Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:23pm
Hmmm guess I will move the XSPC 360 to inside and hang the GTX 280 outside. Or send it back and just get another XSPC 360.
 Post Reply Post Reply