FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RAM compatible with the vanquish 7 v1

Post Date: 2018-06-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nubatpc View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: RAM compatible with the vanquish 7 v1
    Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 7:37am
Ok so i plan on buying the vanquish 7 v1 then upgrade it and i want some help choosing what RAM , Graph card , and SSD to use.

p.s:i know i will see people saying bys . no i like the warranty
and windows, so i won't bms.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:01am
When I upgraded my Vanquish I used the compatibility tool on Crucial's site. It was easy to download and gave me a range of products to choose from.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:32am
Not sure why you would want to buy a pc twice, so to speak.  Instead of getting the level 1 and then upgrading the ram, video card and SSD, why not just get the level 3 .  It might be cheaper, fully tested by DS and saves a lot of potential headaches.

If you want to go this route we'd need to know what its for and what monitor resolution you have.  The monitor determines the video card.  

Also the budget will matter for what SSD and video card you can afford.

Big%20Smile
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:56am
i want to buy the vanquish 7 v1 and graduallyyy upgrade it bcz for me 1500 vanquish is just too expensive and i want to keep money for peripherals. thx anyway
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:22pm
Clarified.

Like Snaike said on the RAM upgrade. On the GPU, it still depends what resolution you're going to game at and what quality you're aiming for. Medium to high at 1080p, you may be fine with a 1050 Ti equivalent. For at or very near max, you'd need a 1060, etc. By the time you're ready, the new line of Nvidia cards may be on the market!

I would recommend you end up with at least 250 GB SSD for your Windows drive. 500 would be better if you can swing it. The improvement over an HDD will impress you. Games and data can stay on your Vanquish HDD. Samsung is the leading brand name these days, but the other guys can build a decent drive, too. When you get around to it, just look at some reviews and pick one you're comfortable with.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Cretae - 10 Jun 2018 at 3:24pm
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 12:22pm
THx!ONE more question ,i know i am annoying but i want to learn,what games does the RX VEGA 11 run at like 60 fps? i don't really mind just having 60 FPS.
pjk2018 View Drop Down

Quote pjk2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:05pm
Cretae,
Regarding the Windows only SSD "bootup" drive, if it is only for the Win10 system, is not 250GB SSD enough. Or with 500GB SSD, would one install games there as well?
I was thinking of 250GB startup with only Win10 installed there and another 500GB SSD for games and programs. and a HHD of 2TB for document, photos, music, etc.
What do you think?
Thanks.
p.s. Still looking for a final config for my pc and I emailed DS about subbing a different case, but not have heard anything. I'd better try again.
Meatball
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:49pm
My setup is a 500 GB SSd for Windows, maintenence type apps (CCLeaner, Malwarebytes virus scanner, etc.)and maybe a productivity app or two. Leaves me plenty of room for several games that I download from Origin, play, and then delete while they stay in my Origin library. At present, I have an HDD for Steam and music/photos. I plan to get a 1 TB SATA SSD for Steam only soon, but I'm not unhappy with load times from the HDD, I just need more room.

Your plan is fine, too, I just personally don't think I need two SSDs to pretty much get to the same place. If all you want is a windows dedicated drive, you won't need as much as 250 GB IMO.
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:48am
I plan on buying :Acer S220HQL Monitor
                  CORSAIR HS50 headset
                  Cougar Deathfire EX combo
Are they good budget peripherals?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:34pm
@nubatpc: Looks like some very nice choices.

@pjk 2018: You are going to have to play with your settings to get higher frame rates in many games. I've seen Overwatch can get 60 at medium. Fortnite can do 60 at low to medium, but many games are very playable at 35-45 frames. So you will see variable results, and you will need to fine tune to get the best settings for you. Thing to remember is this chip has the best integrated graphics EVER by a very large margin. And once you get around to adding a GPU, you will have a very capable platform.
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:09pm

thx i don't really care about having max settings but i want fps.
And like i won't use it to play graphic intensive games .
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:00am
srry but i want to know is the Acer S220HQL Monitor compatible with the Vanquish 7?
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by nubatpc

THx!ONE more question ,i know i am annoying but i want to learn,what games does the RX VEGA 11 run at like 60 fps? i don't really mind just having 60 FPS.
here's a performance chart on the integrated graphics of the RX Vega 11:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_5_2400G_Vega_11/12.html

i can see you're really on a tight budget, so my suggestions would be to focus on the essentials for usage (that being gaming it seems).  that means: gpu/cpu/mobo/ram and a good monitor.  you can add budget storage (capacity being a priority in your case so you can store more games or if you don't intend to have a lot of games you can focus on speed and get a budget oriented ssd with smaller capacity.). 

the Ryzen 5 2400G (`$159) is prob the best budget cpu you can go with right now.  AMD option also mean you don't have to buy more expensive mobos in order to oc the proc.  you can also choose to go with the integrated graphics on this chip. the gaming performance will vary depending on the game/monitor resolution/game settings/etc. but you can expect to see anywhere from 30-70 FPS in most modern titles @1080p/FullHD. 

if you choose to go with a dedicated graphics card, the Radeon RX 580 or GTX 1060 would be my choices for "Best Full HD" graphics.  the 1060 is a little cheaper right now and a little better imo.  look to spend ~$240 here. 

Motherboard: do you need wi-fi?  selection always depends on the user's needs as there are a plethora of features options.  best to do your own research here.  a good all around budget consideration to pair with the cpu above would be: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC for $133.17.  comparable oc'ing ability to more expensive boards, enhanced memory compatibility, wi-fi, etc. 

as for system memory (RAM): 8GB min. 16GB preferred.  Patriot Viper 4 DDR4 16GB kit for $189.99 on Newegg. 

Monitor:  are you stuck to an under $200 budget?  Asus VG245H is a budget Free Sync low lag gaming monitor.  75Hz, dual HDMI inputs, low blue light, flicker free for $171.99 (Newegg).   a similar and cheaper option is the ACER GF246 for $143.61. 

Edited by db188 - 15 Jun 2018 at 1:22pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:44pm
ok so i used the link and i saw the performance for the vega 11
and the performance of the Ryzen 2400G 3.6GHz wich one is the performance i get?
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:49am
if you're referring to the memory size that's configured in the BIOS.  they're just showing the reader how it performs at each of those settings.  the options range from: 32MB to 2GB.  so the iGPU on the chip is equivalent to a 2GB dedicated add in card.  in other words, this iGPU compares to something like a GT 1030 vid card in overall performance. 

if i knew the kinds of games you wanted to play i could give more specific recommendations.  suffice to say that if you just want to use the integrated graphics you'll be fine in games that are more cpu bound (league of legends, DOTA, minecraft, etc.).  graphically intensive games like BF1 will only be playable at the lowest settings @1080p resolution.  a benefit of this processor is that you can oc it one the included air cooler and that it doesn't require an upgraded motherboard specific to overclocking.  faster clock speeds will increase the gaming performance as well.  i am, however, unfamiliar with overclocking these new AMD procs as i've been on Intel procs since AMD was the single core king.

Edited by db188 - 16 Jun 2018 at 1:00am
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
nubatpc View Drop Down

Quote nubatpc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 8:17am
I WOULD play games like minecraft fortnite CSGO Overwatch
dirty bomb Cuphead and other games but not graphically demanding games.thx in advance
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 8:28am
Originally posted by nubatpc

srry but i want to know is the Acer S220HQL Monitor compatible with the Vanquish 7?

Yes, absolutely. That seems to me to be a fine monitor choice at your price point. db188 has named a couple others a little bigger, a little more expensive. He's given you some great ideas and suggestions. Seems to me you are still budget limited, but you will eventually want to shoot for his ideas for the best experience.

The first and foremost thing you want to save up for is a video card. That will give you the most noticeable improvement. Your CPU (the Ryzen 5 2400 in the Vanquish One) can handle any single card. You are well positioned to have a lot of options because the newest Nvidia cards are due out fairly soon.

Post Reply Post Reply