FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RBG remote

Post Date: 2022-08-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLWilson79 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CLWilson79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: RBG remote
    Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:10pm
Just got my system and set it up today. For some reason I can't get the RBG remote to work. When I push any button, I can see the red light on the front of the remote come on, but when I point it at the PC and push buttons nothing ever happens. I've tried pointing it at all side of the tower from top to bottom and nothing. Am I missing something? Where is the IR receiver for the remote? I have a Lynx if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; 32GB DDR4 3200MHz; 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB; H20: Stage 3: Liquid CPU Cooler (Triple Fan); 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO); ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:37pm
IIRC there was a message about this about a year ago that stated there is a piece of cello-tape? plastic? guard? something that has to be removed from the remote to make it work. For those of us who are hearing impaired it is akin to the small sticker on hearing aid batteries that keep the battery from draining while waiting for use.

Just a thought, I'm probably mis-remembering most it....
CLWilson79 View Drop Down

Quote CLWilson79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Snaike

IIRC there was a message about this about a year ago that stated there is a piece of cello-tape? plastic? guard? something that has to be removed from the remote to make it work. For those of us who are hearing impaired it is akin to the small sticker on hearing aid batteries that keep the battery from draining while waiting for use.

Just a thought, I'm probably mis-remembering most it....

I removed the clear plastic tab from the remote, even double checked to see if the battery was in the right way. When I push the buttons if I am looking at the light on the front I can see it light up red like its sending signal.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; 32GB DDR4 3200MHz; 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB; H20: Stage 3: Liquid CPU Cooler (Triple Fan); 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO); ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 4:15am
It should work. It's not a matter of where you aim it. It appears you may have a defective one. Give sales a call and see what they say. It shouldn't require you to deal with tech support IMHO, unless this NEVER happens, but I'll bet it does from time to time. In any case, they should know about it. Good luck.    
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:54pm
Had the same issue and changed the battery. And it worked.
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Post Reply Post Reply