FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ready to buy

Post Date: 2016-07-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
freakshow1966 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote freakshow1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Ready to buy
    Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:31pm
Ok would not let me post the link so i will try this again lol

Hi i am looking to replace my old system in favor of a nice sparkly new system, but i need some advice.  My budget is pretty open but i was thinking somewhere around 3,000 give or take.  I mainly use my computer for graphics, after effects and a little gaming. Nothing major i think Fallout 4 is the biggest game i play graphic wise.  I do the odd live stream podcast now and then as well.

There are certain things i dont know about in regards to computers.  Mainly is it better to have a processor with a higher ghz or more cores.  There is a option for a 4ghz processor with 4 cores or one thats like 3.40 ghz with 8 cores.  whats the difference.

for the graphics card is it better to have one card with 8gb or two cards with 4gb?

I did a test build and this is what i came up with       1452296  

Is there anything that need to be changed up or down?

To this system i will be adding a webcam, 1 4tb hd internal and one 4tb external hd and a second monitor off my old system.

so what you think?

freakshow1966 View Drop Down

Quote freakshow1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:46pm
these are the stats

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Apollo (Black)
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 5x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 850W EVGA SuperNOVA <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: Internal Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (250GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (4TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H115i - 280mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler
Chassis Fans: Corsair LED Airflow Performance Edition (Purple) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
Boost Processor: Standard Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Automatic Overclocking
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Display: Asus 24 inch VG248QE Series (144Hz Refresh Rate) (1ms Response Time) (1920x1080)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:23am
Processor is the brain of your pc, the faster it can solve problems, the more cores the more multi tasks it can do at the same time.

Which processor one should go with has to do with your use and how multi cores are used.

In gaming right now for most games more then 4 cores does not bring better performance, for certain apps however multi core does have more gain.

For after effects from what I understand multi core does help. Just keep in mind that the current intel line up is the skylake and its only 4 cores, if you want more cores you have to go to brodwell which is the line before skylake, skylake multi core is due out in 2017.

for gpu always go single card, two gpus do not combine vram so 2 cards of 4GB still have 4GB max vram where as a single 8GB card has 8GB of vram.

Ticket Number: 1452791

your 4 core config needs to be more like this but for after effects and such you should look for multi core instead IMHO let me know what you think.

find your monitor at newegg or amazon and see if you get better price.

Edited by DST4ME - 14 Jul 2016 at 8:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply