FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RealTek HiDef Driver Update ?

Post Date: 2009-12-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RAT340 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RAT340 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: RealTek HiDef Driver Update ?
    Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:27am
Hi I ran several driver update checking programs, and some say my REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION Audio driver is out of date. I went to their web site & it says this

" Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website."

So I would like to make sure I get the right driver, where should I GO TO FIND IT. My mother board is the EVGA X58 LE SLI [Intel X58 Chipset].

It also says my HID Complaint Device Driver is also out of date. When I run windows update it says all my drivers are up to date ? These drivers are dated 2006. Where & how can I find the updates ?

Thanks.
R.A.T.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm
leave those stupid driver update programs alone, they are by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

if you are not having problems don't touch your drivers, with the exception of gpu drivers but even those you need to be careful.

having the latest driver is not always the best thing, sometime new drivers don't work well with your system and will create all kinds of problems.

in short don't update any drivers unless there is a specific need to do so.

if you ever do need to update a driver due to issues, then always go to the website of the part and get the driver for it there, but always have the old driver handy cause the new driver might not work with your system very well.

Edited by DST4ME - 21 Dec 2009 at 12:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply