FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations

Post Date: 2021-09-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tylereline View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tylereline Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Recommendations
    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:23pm
Hi! I just ordered a PC because I've wanted one for a long while, and additionally, my boyfriend wanted to play with me. I wanted to play some games that I used to play as a kid, like Minecraft and Terraria, and my bf wants me to play Warframe and CSGO with him. Do you guys have any good game recommendations for a somewhat beginner at PC gaming? Thanks so much!
JamesAstro View Drop Down

Quote JamesAstro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:00am
You should definitely create an account on Steam, and go shopping for some games. It's a great site with thousands of games, you can read reviews, and watch video previews. For some games you can also download free demos. The Steam account is free, so there's no reason not to try it. :)

Link to Steam

Edited by JamesAstro - 07 Sep 2021 at 11:00am
Velox, Intel Core i9 11900K, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
32GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME
RTX 4090, 38" Ultrawide LG-38GL950G
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and NF-A14 fans, Corsair AX1600i PSU
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:24pm
I concur with JamesAstro on getting the Steam program downloaded and installed on your PC. Been using them for years and years and have purchased and installed tons of games through them. Great way to shop around and get details on what a game is all about before you purchase it. Once purchased, it's yours forever even if you un-install it.

There are others programs like Steam, Uplay is one of them but Steam, by far, has more games to offer.

For one of us to recommend an easy game that you might like is not easy. What we, as long time gamers consider easy, might cause YOU to throw something at your PC or monitor. Best to look them over yourself through Steam and see. Best of luck to you. Gaming is a black hole, it devours all your monies and no money escapes it's gravitational pull.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:40pm
Allow me to agree with the two responses above... Steam and YouTube are your friends in this regard. Starting into games that you would like is going to be very subjective and most likely very few of us like the same things that would interest you. It would be akin to asking a complete stranger what is good in a new restaurant that you've encountered.

Head over to Steam, take a good look around and then if you see something interesting, see if there is a YouTube playthrough/review/tutorial etc... this will give you a good idea of the games functions and style.

Good luck and welcome to gaming!!   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:04pm
++1

Steam! Awesome
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 5:25am
+++1    Steam!

Two other sources you might look to are Origin which offers particular brands of games. Tons of Star Wars, a lot of Battlefield, and a lot of casual games of high quality. There is a subscription available that gives you access to a very large library of whole games that you can sample at will. Might be just the thing for the two of you.

The other is pretty new. It is Epic Games, and they offer a FREE game or two every week on Thursday. You can sample some of those, it's a great price! They also run frequent sales.

At Steam, they have always had a Christmas sale and a "School's Out!" sale. More recently they have had a Halloween sale and a spring sale. The sales are definitely worth waiting for. Just about everything is reduced.   
JamesAstro View Drop Down

Quote JamesAstro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:45pm
I totally forgot about Origin Play and Origin Play Pro. I need to give those a try!

Originally posted by Cretae

+++1    Steam!

Two other sources you might look to are Origin which offers particular brands of games. Tons of Star Wars, a lot of Battlefield, and a lot of casual games of high quality. There is a subscription available that gives you access to a very large library of whole games that you can sample at will. Might be just the thing for the two of you.

The other is pretty new. It is Epic Games, and they offer a FREE game or two every week on Thursday. You can sample some of those, it's a great price! They also run frequent sales.

At Steam, they have always had a Christmas sale and a "School's Out!" sale. More recently they have had a Halloween sale and a spring sale. The sales are definitely worth waiting for. Just about everything is reduced.   
Velox, Intel Core i9 11900K, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
32GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME
RTX 4090, 38" Ultrawide LG-38GL950G
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and NF-A14 fans, Corsair AX1600i PSU
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:59am
I think it's a very good deal. I'd be tempted if I didn't take so long to complete a game!
 Post Reply Post Reply