FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommended any....

Post Date: 2008-12-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
specterknight View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote specterknight Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Recommended any....
    Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 4:20pm
Can someone give me suggestions on what is the best antivirus and spyware for windows vista.  I am planning to buy a pc from here with windows vista ultimate and yes it will be the benchmark crusher but the thing that worries me is the viruses and spyware., right now in my pc I have AVG antivirus and have one nasty trojan horse that the AVG can't detect and I don't want to system recovery all over again. So anyone give me suggestions on the best antivirus and spyware to buy. I don't want viruses on my band new rig when I get it.
Cpt Spaulding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 11:16pm
Free AVG is CRAP!! Resource HOG. Best free one is Avira (covered in a previous Maximum PC actually) best paid is Norton Internet Security Suite 2007 or whatever the hell the all in one is.

I'm not running any firewall, av, ect atm but I don't go to crazy websites or P2P.

There is a program Maximum PC reviewed in Feb08 called Trustware BufferZone Pro (http://www.trustware.com/index.html) it's $30/year but they will pay you $500 if it fails to keep your PC secure (http://tinyurl.com/2nvc23). When the programs installed applications stay in a virtualized shell and write request are diverted to a virtual folder. Basically your running a virtual PC and if you get screwed up that virtual PC gets totally wiped (and if you had anything d/l'd as in pics ect you loose them also if its in that virtual PC thing if you didn't back it up elsewhere) but your OS and everything behind the thing is perfectly safe.

I've wanted to try this program because it seems to be the shiznits (but I'm cheap and like freebies).
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Dec 2008 at 12:08am
Originally posted by specterknight

Can someone give me suggestions on what is the best antivirus and spyware for windows vista.  I am planning to buy a pc from here with windows vista ultimate and yes it will be the benchmark crusher but the thing that worries me is the viruses and spyware., right now in my pc I have AVG antivirus and have one nasty trojan horse that the AVG can't detect and I don't want to system recovery all over again. So anyone give me suggestions on the best antivirus and spyware to buy. I don't want viruses on my band new rig when I get it.

eset smart security has a great anti virus and firewall

spysweeper is a great anti spyware/adware
Cpt Spaulding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2008 at 1:51pm
Depends on which Norton you run (if it hinders performance or not) you have to know what your getting or just get lucky. AVG used to be awesome (back with 7.0) but 8.0 is a killer. I didn't notice it on this rig but my 5 yo Alienware took a major hit on that upgrade and that's the number one reason I uninstalled it and won't go with it now. The laptop runs dual 3.06 GHz P4s 2GB RAM and XP pro fyi (so it's very low end now).
 Post Reply Post Reply