Red Dead Redemption 2

Post Date: 2021-06-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jaypeetee44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2
    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:10am

Is anyone else playing this game (not the online version)?

It has a great story line and incredible graphics, but I am confused about something. Rockstar gives the player cheats but if used the manual save is turned off. My question is: Is the autosave feature also turned off?

Playing with cheats I explored St. Denis in order to lift the fog there and in the surrounding swap land. The next time I brought up the game the area had faint roads and some fog returned.

So I went back to the area without cheats and explored again to darken roads and lift fog. The next time I logged on to RDR 2; everything was as I left it.

I'm not a very good gamer and the supplied cheats helped a lot.However if I lose everything I accomplish I can't play with the cheats activated and will die a lot more (not fun).

Any input will be much appreciated..JPT
Aventum X
IntelCore i9 11900K 3.5 GHz
Asus Prime 2590-P/MSI-A Pro
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz
1000W Semi-Modular 80+Gold
2xSSD M.2 1 TB Firecuda NVM X
GeForce RTX 3070 8GB VR Ready
H20 Cooling for Processor

fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:04am
I just bought it and will check it out. Looks good though.

I found a cheat mod that I really like. It's called WeMod and installs to your PC. It will scan your PC for games you have. When you launch WeMod, you will have a list of your games that there are available cheats for. This is all done by the gaming mod community worldwide. There is a free version, which I am using. The PRO version is paid and does NOT add anything as far as cheats go, but more control via the WeMod program as far as sorting and enabling cheats. Free version is simple.
I only use this mod after a play a game through once first. I do not encourage nor condone cheating of any kind in on line play. Our clan will not tolerate it and we have banned members throughout our long history for cheating in MP games online. SP, where it is you against the story is acceptable.

You might want to check it out. I have tried "Trainers" on various games and only a couple have I found to be not difficult to enable/use. Most of them don't seem to work very well in my experience.
WeMod is the best I have found so far.

Best of luck.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:50am
Originally posted by fwfdfireman

I just bought it and will check it out. Looks good though.

I found a cheat mod that I really like. It's called WeMod and installs to your PC. It will scan your PC for games you have. When you launch WeMod, you will have a list of your games that there are available cheats for. This is all done by the gaming mod community worldwide. There is a free version, which I am using. The PRO version is paid and does NOT add anything as far as cheats go, but more control via the WeMod program as far as sorting and enabling cheats. Free version is simple.
I only use this mod after a play a game through once first. I do not encourage nor condone cheating of any kind in on line play. Our clan will not tolerate it and we have banned members throughout our long history for cheating in MP games online. SP, where it is you against the story is acceptable.

You might want to check it out. I have tried "Trainers" on various games and only a couple have I found to be not difficult to enable/use. Most of them don't seem to work very well in my experience.
WeMod is the best I have found so far.

Best of luck.

I've tried to load some trainers; the last one required the download of a program in order to create a loader before downloading the trainer into your files for the game.

I've looked but cannot find the files of RDR2. Does anyone know where RockStar puts their game files? This is the first game I've played where the creators of the game supply cheats.

I totally agree that online cheating should predicate banning. However,since I don't play PvP I find that cheats can keep me alive long enough to learn the game.
I used nexus for mods in Skyrim, Fallout 4, and more, but I stayed away from mods that required a manual download and am not experienced with that process.

I will look into WeMod and thanks for the input....JPT

Update: Downloaded free version of WeMod, installed it, and nothing worked; All the on/off say "Reserved for Pro Members"

Evidently the free was for a limited time.

Edited by jaypeetee44 - 06 Jun 2021 at 3:14am
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 4:32am
Use the "F" keys to activate. F1 thru F12.

You must use the mod as instructed. For my other I have used it in, WeMod must be started first. Then start your game. After game is started, pause, go back to the running WeMod and hit the PLAY button. Once "LOADED" is shown, you can use the F keys to activate the "cheats" you want to use.

I have not tried using the Mod yet with the game, but will fire it up to see if there are any issues. I directed my game, purchased through Steam, to be installed to my drive E. It wanted to install to C, default, but I changed it. Since I purchased through Steam, mine was E/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common and it was in there.

Just started Chapter 2. I like the game so far, still learning the ins and outs.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:04pm
I can rather heartily endorse WeMod as well.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 7:01pm
Used WeMod today in RDR2 and it works just fine.

Make sure you have the WeMod set to your version of the game. Steam, PC and I forget the other option, might be console.

Start WeMod and then the game, When game has started, pause and go back to WeMod, make sure RDR2 is selected and then hit the "Play" button on the right side. The button will show it is loading and when done it should say, I think, "Playing". Then you can use the F keys to activate the cheats you want to use.

Edited by fwfdfireman - 06 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm
Old Gamers Never Die!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 3:30pm

Use the "F" keys to activate. F1 thru F12.

You must use the mod as instructed. For my other I have used it in, WeMod must be started first. Then start your game. After game is started, pause, go back to the running WeMod and hit the PLAY button. Once "LOADED" is shown, you can use the F keys to activate the "cheats" you want to use.

I have not tried using the Mod yet with the game, but will fire it up to see if there are any issues. I directed my game, purchased through Steam, to be installed to my drive E. It wanted to install to C, default, but I changed it. Since I purchased through Steam, mine was E/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common and it was in there.

Just started Chapter 2. I like the game so far, still learning the ins and outs.

Than you. Your precise instructions allowed me to install and use WeMod. I only wish WeMod had made their instructions that clear.

The WeMod instructions said to load the RDR2 client... what is a client? I was completely lost.

The mods did not act at all as I expected...I assumed that unlimited items meant your satchel was huge....What it meant was you can use items from your satchel and the items are still there after use. I made maximum explosive bullets for my pistol, revolver, repeater, and rifle with only one animal fat; and it was still there when I finished. I sold the same antlers 25 times to the butcher, just kept pushing enter.I need to play around with some mods to see how they work; but:

This is a beautiful mod; I was able to manual save with all the mods activated....WOW !!!

Again thank you so much for the concise loading instructions and good gaming..JPT
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:30am

Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Cretae

Unfortunately, it only worked for one day. Using the same excellent instructions I tried to duplicate yesterday's play session. Every thing seemed OK although when I pressed F1 it didn't make the usual sound and it wouldn't go from off to on. F2 worked as usual as did the rest of the F's and after pressing them; then F1 would be normal and come on when pressed.

The end came when went back to RDR2 and released the pause. Hitting the ESC would cause the game to crash I restarted my computer and reloaded everything and every time I released the pause RDR2 crashed.

I tried every thing I could think of including uninstalling WeMod and reinstalling. Nothing seemed to work so I played without WeMod and got killed every 15-20 minutes. VERY frustrating.

If anyone has an idea about fixing this problem, please let me know. Thanks JPT

Edited by jaypeetee44 - 08 Jun 2021 at 7:40am
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 12:10pm
I really don't think it's WeMod. I suspect it is something in the game files.
How did you get your game? Steam, Epic or direct download to PC from Rockstar?
I used Steam, but I suspect all three have a way to verify your game files. I would try that first as a game file or two could have become corrupted.

Searching online with your symptoms can bring up lots of ideas too.

If you just can't find a fix, try uninstalling the game and re-installing as a last option.

Edited by fwfdfireman - 08 Jun 2021 at 12:11pm
Old Gamers Never Die!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 4:24pm

I really don't think it's WeMod. I suspect it is something in the game files.
How did you get your game? Steam, Epic or direct download to PC from Rockstar?
I used Steam, but I suspect all three have a way to verify your game files. I would try that first as a game file or two could have become corrupted.

Searching online with your symptoms can bring up lots of ideas too.

If you just can't find a fix, try uninstalling the game and re-installing as a last option.

I bought a direct download from NewEgg.com. The file corruption came from where? The only difference from play in the last 2 weeks was WeMod. So if the file is corrupted then a fresh download would only be corrupted again. Also, how would I get NewEgg to let me reload without buying the game again. They are resellers only and won't have the software or expertise to verify the game.

Thanks for the input and hopefully someone will have the answer....JPT       
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 5:57pm
My game acted up today. F1 would not work, no game crash BUT, when I went back to game from WeMod, the game was moving at an extremely fast pace and I had not changed the game speed option in WeMod.

Game files can become corrupted over time. It happens now and then but is uncommon. I use Steam for most of my games, but also use Ubisoft for other games. ON both of those systems, you can check the integrity of your game files that you have purchased through them.

If you bought a Digital Download from NewEgg, you should still be able to re-download the game since you paid for it. You might have to contact New Egg to see what the policies and procedures are for this.

All I did to fix my problem was shut the game down, exit Steam and Rockstar Launchers and then rebooted the PC. Rebooting and exiting Steam and Rockstar might not have been necessary, but I was taking and extended break for lunch. When I fired everything back up, it all worked as it should.

Have you tried playing the game again? Have you tried WeMod again?
Old Gamers Never Die!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:19am

My game acted up today. F1 would not work, no game crash BUT, when I went back to game from WeMod, the game was moving at an extremely fast pace and I had not changed the game speed option in WeMod.

Game files can become corrupted over time. It happens now and then but is uncommon. I use Steam for most of my games, but also use Ubisoft for other games. ON both of those systems, you can check the integrity of your game files that you have purchased through them.

If you bought a Digital Download from NewEgg, you should still be able to re-download the game since you paid for it. You might have to contact New Egg to see what the policies and procedures are for this.

All I did to fix my problem was shut the game down, exit Steam and Rockstar Launchers and then rebooted the PC. Rebooting and exiting Steam and Rockstar might not have been necessary, but I was taking and extended break for lunch. When I fired everything back up, it all worked as it should.

Have you tried playing the game again? Have you tried WeMod again?

I tried the game again and F1 as well as the other F keys worked fine. However when I released the pause; task manager showed RDR2 as not responding and then shut down again.

I also have Steam and Ubisoft but NewEgg was offering the standard edition for $33 and the ultimate for $62 so I bought the ultimate which is normally $99.

In the past I had some problems with Path of Exile and support suggested a number of tests to run. I still don't understand the tests or remember the forum location of the tests but I'll go back and find them; it's worth a try since I tried your fix and it didn't work on my computer.

If the problem is the computer itself hopefully that will be solved when my new Aventum arrives. Thanks for all your help and patience and I'll let you know if I correct the problem...JPT

Update: The problem is becoming worse. Now RDR2 crashes the instant I press Play in WeMod so it must be an allergic reaction to WeMod.

Edited by jaypeetee44 - 09 Jun 2021 at 2:44pm
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Post Reply Post Reply