FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reselling a Digital Storm system?

Post Date: 2018-03-02

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joeappearsmissing View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 30 Dec 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
  Quote joeappearsmissing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Reselling a Digital Storm system?
    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 7:38pm
I have been trying to figure out the best way to go about selling the Bolt 3 that I purchased on 1/22/17. I am not sure of the rules here of doing this, I just figured that this was the best place to find a new home for this system. I would love to keep it, but due to unavoidable circumstances I am needing to sell it. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the specs of my system for those interested, or if it makes it easier to give me advice:

Chassis: Bolt 3
Finish: Apollo White
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz (Kaby Lake)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING Mini-ITX
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz
Power Supply: 750W Lian-Li PE-750
Optical Drive: Internal DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
Storage Set 1: SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 960 EVO NVM Express
Storage Set 2: HDD 4TB Western Digital Black Edition
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB EVGA Performance Edition
Cooling: Digital Storm HydroLux PRO - CPU and Graphics Card
HydroLux Tubing: HardLine Tubing with White Liquid
Cable Management: White Cables with Combs
Chassis Fans: Corsair Air Series SP120 - 2x 120mm
Internal Lighting: Remote controlled RGB LED lighting
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board
Chassis Mod: Laser cut vents
Windows OS: Windows 10 Home Edition
Recovery: Factory Reset + Windows Installation CD


This system has barely been used and is still under warranty, and it works beautifully. I am simply trying to get fair value with what this configuration is worth used if I pieced out the system. If this is frowned upon here, I apologize. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7966
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:13am
Sorry to hear you got to let the system go. Most readers are here looking for a new system so the chances of finding a buyer are slim. E-bay comes to mind where there are more buyers. I'm sure there are other more targeted websites for selling used computer systems also.
Good luck.
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13000
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 4:06am
Just echoing hoserator, probably other sites that will generate a larger audience. I've sold systems on Craigslist just fine in the past, it's just about being smart if you go that route and you get to pocket 100% of the cash with no middleman. Ebay definitely hits a enormously wide market, but the fees they take can be pretty steep on such things. Also a PC will (in my experience) sometimes sell more when parted out than it would as a whole (odd, but again true - in my experience) so that's something to consider and opens you up to easier shipping options.

However, as for here, I don't think I've ever seen DS say that reselling their systems here isn't allowed. So maybe someone will bop along.

Best of luck. Smile


Edited by Tidgxor - 03 Mar 2018 at 4:07am
Back to Top
joeappearsmissing View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 30 Dec 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
  Quote joeappearsmissing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 9:15am
I would be more than willing to part it out, especially with the value of GPUs skyrocketing lately, but it is harder to do so with the hardline custom watercooling on the CPU and GPU. I don't have the original GPU heatsink and fans because of this. Any advice for dismantling that?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 6.799316E-02 seconds.