FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Review-A Rolex of a machine

Post Date: 2024-02-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sdkfz2512 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sdkfz2512 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Review-A Rolex of a machine
    Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 10:42am
Build Reference: 205890

10/10. It doesn't get any better than this. This Aventum X is really computer customization and craftsmanship at its pinnacle.
My whole process began with needing to replace my personally built i7-5960X. It was a beast back in 2015, but just barely holding its own in 2024.

Getting long in the tooth now, I was confident that I didn't want to build my own anymore. Yes, it's fun building them but when your hands start to shake, eyes going bad, your back is blown out and in general getting older, well, it's not so much fun anymore. Especially when that build is your primary computer.

So, I decided that the best course of action would be to let someone else build it.

I wound up looking up all the usual vendors and builders out there. Everything being equal I finally navigated my way to Digital Storm's website. Boy, I'm glad I did. On to the meat.

1. Very easy to navigate the website, input the customization and change the order on the fly. After submission of the order, it was still very easy to alter the order through the DS staff.

2. 10/10 on everything else. I had the machine in about a month or so, no issues whatsoever of shipping or anything else. If you do order one, just be patient and let these folks do their magic.

3. Only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out how to get the LED strips to work. Sent an email to DS support and had a personal answer in less 48 hours. Big 10/10 there.

4.   Kudos to DS. Plugged the machine in and I just went Wow!!

4. I'm still going WOW'ed every time I turn it on. Big 10/10 for my wife who suggested I get a new computer.

5. Conclusion: This is the Rolex of gaming/work computers. No way one can go wrong with Digital Storm. One is only limited by imagination and budget. Go for it!

Randall D. Spears 18D, MSG USA (Ret)

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 11:26am
First, as to relevency, Thank you for the write-up and the glowing words about DS. We've all been here for awhile and most of us agree with you completely.

secondarily, that system is beautiful. Lord knows I would prefer it in green but the red just pops.

So, congratulations on a beast of a machine. It's going to give you YEARS of pleasure.

Now, as to an aside....

Over 40 years ago I had put on a uniform every day, too... Started as a truck driver and moved to heavy construction equipment. Both, while vital to the mission, are nowhere near the level of commitment you've presented in your signature as I read it: Are you truly Retired Special Forces Medical Sergeant?

PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 12:44pm
Nice rig.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 11:03pm
Congratulations and welcome. 

That is a super system. Top of the line custom and exclusive to DS. Thank you for posting the images.

I suggest you get some extra coolant for the usual refills. Coolants are constantly changing formulations and some are not compatible with prior products.  It looses some coolant with time and needs topping off every once in a while. Also I find it very handy to have a remote on/off switch that I connect to the psu to run the pump without having to turn on the pc. (in Amazon: 24-pin ATX power jumper cable). This is very helpful if you have to drain and refill the system.

Enjoy.
Smile

Thank you for your service! Awesome

sdkfz2512 View Drop Down

Quote sdkfz2512 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Snaike

First, as to relevency, Thank you for the write-up and the glowing words about DS. We've all been here for awhile and most of us agree with you completely.

secondarily, that system is beautiful. Lord knows I would prefer it in green but the red just pops.

So, congratulations on a beast of a machine. It's going to give you YEARS of pleasure.

Now, as to an aside....

Over 40 years ago I had put on a uniform every day, too... Started as a truck driver and moved to heavy construction equipment. Both, while vital to the mission, are nowhere near the level of commitment you've presented in your signature as I read it: Are you truly Retired Special Forces Medical Sergeant?

Hi Snaike,

Yup, 25 years worth. Actually retired as a Zulu but same difference.

In my old line of work everyone was important. You were the guys that brought in the beans & bullets; then proceeded to erect and fill up the HESCOs at the FOB's. Ya done good.
sdkfz2512 View Drop Down

Quote sdkfz2512 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:20am
Originally posted by hoserator

Congratulations and welcome. 
That is a super system. Top of the line custom and exclusive to DS. Thank you for posting the images.
I suggest you get some extra coolant for the usual refills. Coolants are constantly changing formulations and some are not compatible with prior products.  It looses some coolant with time and needs topping off every once in a while. Also I find it very handy to have a remote on/off switch that I connect to the psu to run the pump without having to turn on the pc. (in Amazon: 24-pin ATX power jumper cable). This is very helpful if you have to drain and refill the system.
Enjoy.
Smile
Thank you for your service! Awesome

Thanks, good advice. I'm on it.
smfcpa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote smfcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 11:36am
Enjoy the pictures. the only thing I don't like is seeing all of the cables.
Steve Foulks
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by sdkfz2512

Hi Snaike,

In my old line of work everyone was important. You were the guys that brought in the beans & bullets; then proceeded to erect and fill up the HESCOs at the FOB's. Ya done good.

Yes, kids, the moderator is hijacking the thread briefly.

When I was a young boy there was a conflict in certain SouthEast Asian country. US Military were involved. One of them was an uncle of mine who was skilled at flying Bell UH-1s Medevac. So much so that he commanded 2 separate companies on his way to a O-6 retirement. He had 2 purple hearts and other service ribbons. Without going into details he once told me that there was no one he respected more than those who do what you did.

So, I know you hear this all the time but, sincerely, thank for your service.

Ok, hijack over, back to our regularly schedule nonsense!
sdkfz2512 View Drop Down

Quote sdkfz2512 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 4:41am
Originally posted by smfcpa

Enjoy the pictures. the only thing I don't like is seeing all of the cables.

I Agree with that. That was during the setup/config/stability phase of the install. It's squared away now. Yeh, not going to hang the Mona Lisa in $2.00 frame, that's for sure. LOL!
sdkfz2512 View Drop Down

Quote sdkfz2512 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Snaike

Originally posted by sdkfz2512

Hi Snaike,

Yes, kids, the moderator is hijacking the thread briefly.

When I was a young boy there was a conflict in certain SouthEast Asian country. US Military were involved. One of them was an uncle of mine who was skilled at flying Bell UH-1s Medevac. So much so that he commanded 2 separate companies on his way to a O-6 retirement. He had 2 purple hearts and other service ribbons. Without going into details he once told me that there was no one he respected more than those who do what you did.

So, I know you hear this all the time but, sincerely, thank for your service.

Ok, hijack over, back to our regularly schedule nonsense!

Hey Snaike, late reply, had to go to Walter Reed to get some stuff done. Your pops has some brass cahones flying in Nam. Had some buddies in the 160th when I was still in Group; stories they could tell. Had a few infils with those guys and man, insane NOE at night. Major pucker factor there. If the dai ta is still with us tell him cam on ban from the troopies. Later bro.
 Post Reply Post Reply