Post Date: 2009-02-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shadowstalker View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shadowstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Review of the Beast
    Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 8:45pm
Well to start off, my last computer was a gateway bought at best buy last year on Jan 25th. Two weeks later it died and took me six months of harassing gateway to do something just to get it working, not properly, but working. Needless to say, after the whole ordeal of that I was very cautious about buying a new one. So when I found DS, I researched it for months. Everything from the BBB to google and yahoo review searches.
Once I was finally ready to buy, I posted in the config forum and immediately got help from the community. Before I made my purchase online, I called just to ask some (probably stupid lol) questions. I was greeted by Sarah, and she took the time to answer every question fully and kindly. Even though I'm sure they get those kinds of questions all the time. Making the purchase itself was quick and easy. The long, long, long, long, long wait....was not. Ok, so it actually went very quick, it just seemed to take forever lol.
When it got here, it was well packed and protected. I ended up having to make a quick call to find out where to connect the fan on the removeable side to, and was quickly and easily walked through it. Had one little issue of a blue screen of death that was quickly worked out thanks to DST4ME. Thanks again. And since then the Beast has been running perfectly. So a big THANK YOU to everyone at DS that worked on my Beast and to the community.

Order Jan 27th
Stage 1-2 Jan 28th
Stage 3- 5 Jan 30th
Stage 6 Feb 6th
Stage 7 Feb 8th
Shipped Feb 10th
In my greedy little hands Feb 13th

Overclock is 3.79

Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Card Reader: Internal Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Cooler Master V8 (Compatible With i7 Processors)
Liquid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a H20: Stage 3 Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Windows Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)

The Beast

scaner View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 9:05pm
wow nice,how its works...you like it??!!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 9:09pm
Just when I was thinking we have not seen any 3.7ish OCes from v8 lately, nishe

hey do you want to change that front red led fan with the blue led version?

If you do look here

Quote Shadowstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 9:16pm
It works wonderfully. I love it ConfusedOuch As for the fan, nah I like it. Cause between the blue from the side and the red fan, the front looks purple with some red and blue surrounding it. My pic doesn't show that well, but it's very cool looking.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 9:20pm
Oh ya I think its beautiful myself, some people don't like it, I didn't know if you did or not, so I thought I would mentioned it.

the red from the v8 and front fan makes a very nice mixture in there

Quote Shadowstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 7:27pm
Well slight update. My wife says that the cardboard box the Beast came in is rather difficult to turn into a pirate ship due to it's thickness. My daughter however approves of the box.....LOL.

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 7:43pm
Great review and great pictures.  I don't think I have seen as nice pictures of the HAF and V8 before.  Your configuration is very close to mine.  Hopefully my beast will be arriving Tuesday and I hope in the same shape.

Keep us posted on how it games and performs.  We all like to hear what it is like to actually be behind the wheel of a dream machine.

Like the picture of the SS Pirate Cat and a very green reuse of the packing material. I might hold on to my packinng materials just in case I have a problem and need to return the machine God forbid and knock on wood.

Thanks for sharing the great pictures and these will help potential customers see what they could be playing within a few days of ordering their dream machines.
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 7:44pm
man she is cute , you are a very lucky man wish her all the luck in the world and the life she dreams of having

Quote Shadowstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:00pm
Thanks. And yes I'm very lucky. Doubly so since her sister is due to be born in mid march. Ouch A for the rig, so far it's so sweet. Confused I did the crysis bench on it last night, full everything and the GPU temps didn't go above 64 and 63. And I scored an average of 34 FPS on a resolution of 1680x1050.
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:08pm
Awesomeness I have to say haha, and I love what you did with the box. Have fun!!
Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive - Lucifer
Kryhavoc View Drop Down

Quote Kryhavoc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:52pm
Nice, great to hear about an awesome Beast, and the pirate ship is incredibly kewl!
 Post Reply Post Reply