FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RMA cooler and pre applied paste???

Post Date: 2020-07-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChevyMikeGT View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChevyMikeGT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: RMA cooler and pre applied paste???
    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:12pm
Does the stage 2 vortex DS Aio cooler come with paste or pre applied? Just want to make sure my RMA goes as smooth as possible i forgot to ask and its the weekend so.....any help Anyone happens to know ....thank you.... setting asus ai and bios pump made noise on standard turbo and full speed settings however on quiet mode it was silent! DS did say the pump was not suposed to sound like that at all so the RMA was done but does asus ai changing pump speed from 100% to 70% 2100 rpm vs 1900rmp have any problems with it going bad sooner? Its the only thing i updated from my 2 week delivery! Minius windows defender updates! I dont think it does but wanted to make sure its not a software/bios setting causing this issue? Fyi i did bios reset cmos reset and full reinstall everything! Bios settings seem right for hardware stock settings..and... It worked for 2weeks fine one day it made the noise sounds like a mini air compressor now so i hope the new one just works! Good job DS on the quick during covid times response and helpfullness! Love my lumous 3950x 2080super 32gig asus prime pro due to expantion extras m.2 drive!!! Worth my time and moneyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Havent built a system since my Phentom2 830 days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚2006-7ishπŸ˜‚
Thanks guys/gals!!!

Edited by ChevyMikeGT - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:17pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:58am
Did you send the pc back or are you getting the new pump and changing yourself? That is one major piece of hardware for r&r.  I would expect it would come with a tube of thermal paste but giving them a call would bring certainty.
Good luck and keep us posted.
ChevyMikeGT View Drop Down

Quote ChevyMikeGT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:32pm
I got the RMA just as a fyi to anyone who needs to change out tha aio it does come with pre applied paste as well as the same past in a small container! So far so good and no more noise!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 3:54am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:54am

Awesome
 Post Reply Post Reply