rtx 2060 super sc fan issue

Post Date: 2020-03-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johndeniel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: rtx 2060 super sc fan issue
    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:47pm
So I just recently got an rtx 2060 super sc and for some reason while I'm on idle the fans will not spin for a good couple of seconds then it will spin so very fast for like 1 sec then it will turn off again. The card will do this on and off thing until it'll spin at a stable speed. How can I fix this?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
I use EVGA PrecisionX1 software to take control of GPU fan performance.   I set a high fan speed around 88% for max GPU cooling before I begin gaming....and when done gaming for the day or overnight I lower the GPU fan speed back around 72%. Works for me.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
But you do have to keep the precision x1 app running in the background right? I mean there's nothing wrong with the gpu and all that. Its just that the fan doesnt spin on idle then its gonna turbo spin then off, it'll repeat that process for a couple or more times until the fans will spin at a stable speed

Edited by johndeniel - 04 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 4:00am
All I can tell you is that it's not unusual in a modern GPU that the fans don't spin up at all at idle. The behavior you describe seems a might peculiar, but the card seems to be seeking a particular temp range before it settles in to maintain that depending on what you're doing.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Cretae

All I can tell you is that it's not unusual in a modern GPU that the fans don't spin up at all at idle. The behavior you describe seems a might peculiar, but the card seems to be seeking a particular temp range before it settles in to maintain that depending on what you're doing.
Don't get me wrong. I love the card and how it performs. Its just that the fans really bothers me when they revv up so fast for 2 secs then stops. Mentioning while I'm on idle mode
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 6:35am
The new cards are pretty complex and you might have a gpu boot up glitch or it might be normal. You might try unistalling the drivers and reinstalling. Maybe.....
If its only the first few seconds, personally I'd let it go. My pcs fans run a little during boot up once its running ....no problema.
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:04am
Guys if the fan is not working properly, does it affect the speed of the laptop? Any tips on how to clean it (im not techy thats why im hesitant to unscrew my laptop).TIA
 Post Reply Post Reply