Post Date: 2021-05-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johnstreaming View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote johnstreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: rtx 4000 series
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:12am
For buying a new Pc for professional streaming (my main pc for gaming not my separate system for capturing my stream) do you think it would be worth it just to wait for the rtx 4000 series? im not sure if its coming out next year or whats going to happen with it but im wondering if i should just wait any help would be great.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2021 at 2:39am
It's always "worth it" to wait for better technology as long as waiting costs you nothing but time. If you NEED what's out there now, you really can't wait, right? The next gen of anything is going to be an improvement. Problem is, when do you decide you've waited long enough?

If it's okay to wait on a GPU upgrade, I certainly wouldn't pull the trigger now with the huge premium you have to pay because of shortage.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:03am
"If you're always waiting for the next thing, you'll never have any thing."

Just something to consider. Ultimately, how you spend your time and money is completely up to you.

Quote johnstreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:39am
well i just figured cuz of the timing rn it might not be worth it to spend so much money on a rtx 3090 cuz the 4000 series should be around the corner and It would have a initially lower resale price so it would be cheaper nd better than a 3090
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2021 at 4:19am
You are correct. Paying $2700 for a $1500 GPU is just nonsense. However, "around the corner" will be over a year. The 3000 series were due out early summer, and were delayed until late August. Who knows when a 4000 series might come out?

You need advice on the GPU for your purposes from people who do that. Maybe reddit? A 3080 is a very powerful gaming card at less than half the price. Maybe you get that until you have a stronger selection at a reasonable price?

Quote johnstreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:59am
well im totally fine with paying for a 3090 because im getting it from the digital storm in the pc but my setup rn its 100% usable and fine so I made the decision to wait till next year in 2022 to see if there's anything better coming out before I take out a huge chunk of money to buy it.
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2021 at 10:12pm
Well, it depends on when you want to buy. At this time, it is not good to invest on computers.
carefulpunch
 Post Reply Post Reply