RV710, RV730, 45nm Phenoms dated.

Post Date: 2008-08-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: RV710, RV730, 45nm Phenoms dated.
    Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 1:53am
ATI's RV710 and RV730 will be released in September to compete against the newly released 9500GT and 9800GT.

The 45nm Phenoms will be available sometime in Q4 2008.

source: bit-tech
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
widdlecat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote widdlecat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 4:29am
Good news on the 45nm tech! This will put AMD back in the game if defect rates are under control. Perhaps we'll see a lot of tri-cores at first, or even duo-cores from the quad dies. This should prepare them for the next-gen multi-core, quad-channel memory cpus tho. I'm hoping to see AMD become competitive. Perhaps Intel cpus won't cost $1,000+ anymore!
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 12:45pm
I don't see that happening Widdlecat. Intel's high end is extremely unlikely to be challenged by the new AMD CPU's. Hopefully what does happen, seeing as Deneb is overclocking friendly and engineered for speeds up to 3.44Ghz, is that AMD can take on Intel at the entry level and midrange and finally end up with some black ink in their ledgers. No one wants to see what will happen to PC gaming if Intel is the only game in town, that much I am dead certain of. With this new chip backwards compatible with AM2 and AM2+ sockets, hopefully they can sell plenty of the new chips to those already on an AMD motherboard looking for a system upgrade.
 Post Reply Post Reply