FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Safe to ship to the east coast?

Post Date: 2018-11-02

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Superbman35 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
  Quote Superbman35 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Safe to ship to the east coast?
    Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 8:19am
Do you think shipping to the east side of the country will not be a problem with the Lumos? With the Lumos being glass, I really hope this will be shipped as a fragile item.
Back to Top
Demonsbite View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 24 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 61
  Quote Demonsbite Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 8:57am
Definitely I went with ds partly with how the package these systems they protect it much better then most system sellers I’ve ever seen


Now that isn’t to say the parcel service used could be super rough with it but ds protects you as much as possible
Back to Top
Superbman35 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
  Quote Superbman35 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Demonsbite

Definitely I went with ds partly with how the package these systems they protect it much better then most system sellers I’ve ever seen


Now that isn’t to say the parcel service used could be super rough with it but ds protects you as much as possible


Yeah I hope it arrives in perfect condition. There is a YouTube video of a guy receiving his new Lumos and one of the panels was completely shattered. I would be completely bummed if that were to happen to me.
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:10am
Had my Lumos build delivered to Connecticut a couple of months ago, and ir arrived in perfect condition. Glass intact.   Not even a scratch on the heavy box surrounding it.

My first system back in 2011 had exact same results. 

Big%20Smile
Back to Top
Superbman35 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
  Quote Superbman35 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by bprat22

Had my Lumos build delivered to Connecticut a couple of months ago, and ir arrived in perfect condition. Glass intact.   Not even a scratch on the heavy box surrounding it.
My first system back in 2011 had exact same results. 
Big%20Smile



That is extremely good to hear. Day 7 of my order and I’m still on stage 1. Hopefully it ships next week. I am ready for this bad boy to get here in Ohio.
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13000
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 11:29am
I've had two orders shipped from DS, neither of them had shipping damage.

I also used the DS box my second rig came in to ship it to and from Iceland, also no damage. Big%20Smile
Back to Top
Superbman35 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
  Quote Superbman35 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

I've had two orders shipped from DS, neither of them had shipping damage.
I also used the DS box my second rig came in to ship it to and from Iceland, also no damage. Big%20Smile



That’s makes me feel a lot better. I guess everything is a horror story here and there.
Back to Top
Demonsbite View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 24 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 61
  Quote Demonsbite Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Superbman35

Originally posted by bprat22

Had my Lumos build delivered to Connecticut a couple of months ago, and ir arrived in perfect condition. Glass intact.   Not even a scratch on the heavy box surrounding it.
My first system back in 2011 had exact same results. 
Big%20Smile



That is extremely good to hear. Day 7 of my order and I’m still on stage 1. Hopefully it ships next week. I am ready for this bad boy to get here in Ohio.



Make sure to remember it’s 15-20 working days holidays and weekends don’t count
Back to Top
Superbman35 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
  Quote Superbman35 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Demonsbite

Originally posted by Superbman35

Originally posted by bprat22

Had my Lumos build delivered to Connecticut a couple of months ago, and ir arrived in perfect condition. Glass intact.   Not even a scratch on the heavy box surrounding it.
My first system back in 2011 had exact same results. 
Big%20Smile



That is extremely good to hear. Day 7 of my order and I’m still on stage 1. Hopefully it ships next week. I am ready for this bad boy to get here in Ohio.



Make sure to remember it’s 15-20 working days holidays and weekends don’t count


Yes you’re right! Business days only. I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m just to damn excited to get this hog
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 7.904053E-02 seconds.