Samsung 20 inch display

Post Date: 2007-09-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sikboy1029 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sikboy1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Samsung 20 inch display
    Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 1:13pm
what is the model number of it?
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 3:40pm
Should be 206BW
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
Sikboy1029 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sikboy1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 4:42pm
If I may ask, how do you know? Did you get if from DS?
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 5:08pm

Go into the configuration page and select the Samsung 20" monitor, click on the small "i" on the left will tell you that it's the 19" 941BW model. I guess DS didn't update that information yet ??? For 20" LCD monitor, i think Samsung has 3 20" models : 203B,205BW and 206BW.

skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 5:24pm
Samsung's only 20" WS LCDs are 204bw 205bw 206bw. And the Digital Storm's has it listed for $300 so it has to be a 206bw.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
cyberman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyberman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 8:45pm
Is the model number for the samsung 22" DS uses a 226BW?

Edited by cyberman - 12 Sep 2007 at 11:21am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 10:51pm
I just went to the back to check and found that we are out of stock on the Samsung 20 inch models. The reason why we do not list the model number is because of shortage issues. We end up giving high end models as well, and midrange. It really depends on stock.

I did see some Optiquest 20 inch displays, looks like they are going to be added as a more affordable value choice.
GruntMaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GruntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 10:58am

Beware of the Samsung scam...I bought a Samsung recently and after mailing in the proper info for the $20.00 rebate they send you a post card saying that the info isn't correct and they won't be able to give you the rebate...which is a total lie. It's just a scam to save them money. I had to call and complain and then they agreed over the phone to process my rebate request, but told me it would take another 4 weeks before I would get it.

This is a totally unethical practice to keep your money longer or indefinitely. Any company willing to go to that length to scam the customer isn't worth sCensoredt. AngryI wouldn't never buy a samsung product again just because of this incident and I don't recommend that you do either.  

E6850 [email protected]
nVidia 680i LT
750W Thermaltake
250GB HD
2GB DDR2 Corsair 800Mhz XMS2
GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
georges326 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote georges326 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 12:26pm
I agree with you on rebates.  In general for mail-in rebates you have to jump through hoops and give up your first born to get it.  When I see something I want to purchase and it has a rebate attached, I then ask myself if 1) can I afford it without rebate and 2) do I want to go through all the junk you have to do to get the rebate. I've always believed that they(all companies) offer rebates to make the "final" price look better. If they are will to sell you something for $320 and offer a $20.00 rebate, why not just sell it for $300.  What they are hoping is that the rebate process is complicated enough and takes long enough that you will just not go through with it and they get to sell the item for $320.

The best rebate system I have ever gone through was with Staples who you could go online, give your info and be able to check(online) how your rebate was progressing.
Have Fun,   George
Vjzzerdrjx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vjzzerdrjx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 10:37pm
Guys, as a Best Buy employee for over a year....we only do instant rebates, no mail in crap.  GruntMaster and georges326, trust me, other than LG a Samsung monitor is the best you can get.  Don't blame stupid retailers like Staples or Circuit City for still using mail in rebates to save themselves the money of selling it closer to or at cost.
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 3:48am
Originally posted by Vjzzerdrjx

Guys, as a Best Buy employee for over a year....we only do instant rebates, no mail in crap

It maybe true for you but not at the Bestbuy store in my areas Unhappy. Some products did have the instant in-store rebates but some still required you to mail in the rebate form.
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 4:31am
It's all the same deal. Sooner or later you realize that a genuine "sale price" is about as common as hen's teeth, and most rebate offers are designed to discourage anyone from collecting on them.

The ones that aren't trying to discourage you from collecting are generally trying to get you to give up enough information to be bombarded with offers for things you don't want for the rest of your natural life Angry. This in exchange for a product that is sold at MSRP and then "instant rebated", versus being sold at the normal "in store discount price" and not being rebated in most cases.

IMO, skip the stupid rebate offer, don't insist I have to hand out personal info like my home phone number, or a DNA sample and retinal scan to buy something in a store, and just offer the item up at a competitive price. Heck, it doesn't even have to be the lowest price, just in the ballpark. Win me over with superior service, and just tell it like it is when it comes to price.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote georges326 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 12:12pm
Right on Tyler
Have Fun,   George
Demonshaft View Drop Down

Quote Demonshaft Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 6:37pm

Agreed! No ones taking my DNA.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote georges326 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 9:05pm
Just for full disclosure....Demonshaft is a product of my DNA...but he does not come with a rebate. He also will be ordering his rig soon.
Have Fun,   George
donkeypunch View Drop Down

Quote donkeypunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2007 at 3:57pm
I can attest to the Samsung quality. I came from a 19" 245b and just purchased a Samsung 24" widescreen 245BW, both have excellent picture quality. I was debating between the 24" Samsung DS sells, its the 244T model, but the 245BW had a great price. It has a TN panel but I think the picture quality is still fantastic. I don't notice any color shift unless I look up at the monitor from down low-which isn't a normal viewing angle anyway. 
 Post Reply Post Reply