FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung P2370 Monitor Questions

Post Date: 2009-11-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
B5GkarNarn View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Samsung P2370 Monitor Questions
    Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 8:47pm
I went to a local Best Buy & saw the Samsung P2370 Widescreen LCD monitor on display.  It was running some sort of video & the picture quality was very good.

DST4ME has mentioned that it is a good idea to look for a monitor that has the same viewing angle for both horizontal & vertical and they should be above 170 degrees.  Unfortunately, the Samsung P2370's viewing angles for horizontal and vertical are off by 10 degrees:  170 degrees for horizontal & 160 degrees for vertical.  Should I look for a different monitor?  What are your thoughts?

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 9:34pm
if you want to make sure you don't get a tn panel then the viewing angles have to match and be higher then 170, otherwise the quality of the picture is not gonna be that great.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Nov 2009 at 9:34pm

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

if you want to make sure you don't get a tn panel then the viewing angles have to match and be higher then 170, otherwise the quality of the picture is not gonna be that great.
Unfortunately, my budget does not allow me to spend more than $300 for a monitor and according to the following article on the AnandTech website, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to purchase a non-TN panel within my price range: 

Are you able to recommend a non-TN monitor that does not cost more than $300?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:58pm
look at this list

Edited by DST4ME - 05 Nov 2009 at 10:07pm

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

look at this list
Unfortunately, the only monitor in that list that had a screen size of 23"- 24" and a response time that was 5 ms or less was the NEC ASLCD24WMCX - but it costs $150 more than my budget will allow.  Many of the other monitors in that list had a response time of 8 ms and I feel that number is way too high for gaming purposes. 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 2:15pm
response time is bs, there is no real way of measuring it, companies use grey to grey or black to black because it produces a smaller number, don't let the response time fool you.

also tn panels have a supposed faster response time but lack quality, non tn panels have better quality but a little slower response time.

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:46pm

I'm going with Samsung P2370 because I had the chance to see it running at a 2nd store and it looks fabulous.  My wife was with me and she agreed with me.  I'll have to live with the fact that it is a TN panel and that the height is not adjustable.  Things could be worse.

titusmckieus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote titusmckieus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 12:29am
I just purchased two asus monitors . One for my computer, and one to set up my PlayStation out in the living room. I never played it when it was hooked up to  the bedroom TV.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236047
for being a  panel with a  viewing angle of 170°(H) / 160°(V)  these monitors are nice. 

I also have the Samsung T240
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001275

I like the Asus 25.5 better then the samsung . Once you find the right angle to set the monitor at it's not that bad.  for the price.

my samsung is a different story . if i moved around to much in the chair while playing a game I lose that "sweet spot" and next thing you know i cant even see the screen.

Edited by titusmckieus - 21 Nov 2009 at 12:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply