Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OgreMkV View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote OgreMkV Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Sealed Water Cooling
    Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 12:46pm
Hi All,

I have my new Lynx with this cooling kit: Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

I realize it says "no maintenance", but is there anything I need to be cautious of?

Is there anything that indicates that it is going out or failing (other than the CPU cooking itself to death)?

Thanks
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 1:59pm
Nothing to do.   It’s strength is sealed and maintenance free.   Just an occasional dust cleaning with canned air to keep the radiator fins clear to dissipate the heat.

Overheating cpu can be an indicator it’s gone bad or the pump making noise that it’s starting to fail.    Very reliable cooling option.

Good luck.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 4:19am
Just FYI, the CPUs available for the last few years will shut down when they reach an unsafe temp, and not die. My AIO liquid cooler is a bit more than 4 1/2 years old and never faltered yet. I run my PC 24/7.   
OgreMkV View Drop Down

Quote OgreMkV Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 5:45am
Thanks, that gives me some confidence.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 5:58pm
The only thing I had occur with my new AIO sealed water system was a odd sound in the pump after a few months that was eliminated by reducing the RPMs a bit. This was after consultation with others that had that issue too. Temperatures were perfect but there was this odd sound that was resolved just by cutting the RPMs back a little.

I am a 12 year DS customer and my old 12 year old system is still cooking & gaming after 12 years with a memory boost and a Titan GPU. DS makes incredible systems that simple last for what seems like forever.

My new system that I got last Christmas has an AIO sealed system and it works just fine. I am very happy with it. My old 12 year old system had a complicated air fin multiple fan V8 configuration that tended to get dusty and you had to remove the fans to clean the inside side of them. I ended up replacing a fan in the V8 cooler because I didn't realize it had got dirty on the inside and caused it to over speed and burn out.

Anyhow! :-) I think the sealed AIO coolers are great and definitely keeps my 5900X cool when I am creating Deep Zoom Fractal Movies using all 24 threads at 100% for hours at a time.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply