FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Question regarding the PC/Hardware..

Post Date: 2016-07-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shipping Question regarding the PC/Hardware..
    Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:20am
I didn't know which discussion board to post this in, so I decided to post it in this one.

But anyways.....

I am getting my new Hailstorm 2 shipped to me via freight. My question are to those who have had their PCs shipped via freight.

*How do they (UPS or whoever) haul the boxed PC from their truck/trailer to your door? After seeing an unboxing reveiw of the Aventum 3 by a customer, I was very taken back at how massive the package is, lol. I mean, the thing did not look light at all. It appeared to me that the PC was lifted and carried by at least two people, hahaha. I am hoping I will be home when it is delivered.

Can anyone tell me how their shipping and unboxing experience was with Digital Storm? From the youtube videos I have seen, the boxing looked very good and appeared to be well insulated to reduce the chance of the PC being damaged. I have never owned a liquid cooled system, so yeah...the shipping of the package is extremely important. :)

Thank you all in advance.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:31am
There is packing around the pc, in the pc all over the place to keep things in place.But that can't cover a bad driver that mistreats your package.

For the most part its ok, very few people have a bad driver but it does happen.

Depending on how big it is, it will go on a cart/dolly.

Its a great experience when it gets there, when you see it, its bigger and better then you imagined, you can't stop looking at it and admiring it, once you can bring yourself to touch it, you quickly but gently go to work getting all the packing out and etc. plug it in, watch it turn on/run. Its a beautiful thing.

You will stare and admire it for many days to come.

And then of course there is the guest that come over and "what the hell is that? a UFO?" and you smile and modestly say "oh thats just my computer, let me show you a few things....".

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Jul 2016 at 10:33am
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:45am
Originally posted by DST4ME

There is packing around the pc, in the pc all over the place to keep things in place.But that can't cover a bad driver that mistreats your package.

For the most part its ok, very few people have a bad driver but it does happen.

Depending on how big it is, it will go on a cart/dolly.

Its a great experience when it gets there, when you see it, its bigger and better then you imagined, you can't stop looking at it and admiring it, once you can bring yourself to touch it, you quickly but gently go to work getting all the packing out and etc. plug it in, watch it turn on/run. Its a beautiful thing.

You will stare and admire it for many days to come.

And then of course there is the guest that come over and "what the hell is that? a UFO?" and you smile and modestly say "oh thats just my computer, let me show you a few things....".

Lol....

My last custom made PC by a custom company was back in the early 2000's. Since about 2005, I was building my own PCs. This time around I had to go with another custom PC company as I have been "out of the loop" since 2009-2010 and a LOT had changed since then. For the last 6-7 months, I researched several custom PC builders and out of all that I obviously came out with the decision to go with Digital Storm. That says a lot because I must have researched (deeply) about 8 different custom PC builders.

Thanks for the word/reply DST4ME.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:47am
Hi Vulcan4,
Congratulations. That is the safest mode of transport.

I had mine shipped via freight (Aventum II) and at least mine came shrink wrapped with the monitor and other peripherals into a wood pallet. It is shipped by UPS Freight and they should call you to arrange a drop off date. At such time ask them if there are any extra charges for the actual moving from truck (not UPS) to where you want it. It is not light nor easy to move. They use a pallet mover to lift in the truck, roll to the gate and lower to the ground. From that point on depends on how friendly everybody is.Wink You need at least two strong friends. Your first reaction will be to laugh, it is so large.

Even with such bulky item in a wood pallet, mine came with a loose memory stick  and another half out. The loose one was damaged and replaced.

Let us know how it went and good luck.

Edited by hoserator - 03 Jul 2016 at 10:50am
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by hoserator

Hi Vulcan4,Congratulations. That is the safest mode of transport.I had mine shipped via freight (Aventum II) and at least mine came shrink wrapped with the monitor and other peripherals into a wood pallet. It is shipped by UPS Freight and they should call you to arrange a drop off date. At such time ask them if there are any extra charges for the actual moving from truck (not UPS) to where you want it. It is not light nor easy to move. They use a pallet mover to lift in the truck, roll to the gate andf lower to the ground. From that point on depends on how friendly everybody is.Wink You need at least two strong friends. Even with such bulky item in a wood pallet, mine came with a loose memory stick  and another half out. The loose one was damaged and replaced. Let us know how it went and good luck.

I sure will be giving an update. My exp with Digital Storm has been great thus far, just as several have said that it would be. From the community here to DS employees like Alex it has been a great exp. :)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:54am
My pleasure and good luck
smfcpa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote smfcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 7:36pm
My Hailstorm II is coming next Tuesday by freight so I will try to remember to take a few pictures and post them. I have a dolly and will have the delivery guy deliver it to my back entrance to make it convenient.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 12:14am
nice
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 3:58am
Congratulations Awesome , get ready.
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:19pm
Payment for my new Hailstorm 2 has been processed, so I should be seeing mine on its way here to my home in a couple weeks or so. :D

I have yet to purchase a monitor. I am going with a 27inch 1440p res 144mhz G-Sync IPS monitor and Acer (Predator) is at the top of my list. I have read some very good things about Acer. Asus is another mention as to be considered. I am a bit weary, however, about some quality issues I have read.

Not only have I not purchased a monitor, but I can not decide on the best quality built wireless gaming mouse and keyboard. I would go with a Razor Deathadder (Sp?), but that one doesn't have a wireless /Bluetooth version. I do not care for tons of buttons on a mouse, but response time and fluidness along with grest quality and comfort is essential. Sooo...now that I have just mentioned it, all opinions are welcome. I may start a new thread so the mouse and keyboard opinions will have their own thread.

Oh, and a headset is another thing I will need. Cost isn't an issue and the ones I have read anout are in the $200-$300 range. This hesdset will cause the games I play a bit more intimate and personal.
Have at it everyone lol... ;) :)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:43pm
Everybody is gonna tell you something different
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 2:43am
I don't think "...response time and fluidness..." and wireless can fit in the same sentence. It is better for both speed and precision if the keyboard and mouse are wired. There are more steps in getting the signal to the computer when you go wireless.
As to headsets, I don't use one. Like to know what is happening around me.

Edited by hoserator - 08 Jul 2016 at 2:44am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 2:52am
Same here, can't take headphones while gaming. Too isolated for me.   
 Post Reply Post Reply