FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Question

Post Date: 2013-08-12

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ragemelayer View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
  Quote Ragemelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shipping Question
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 4:27pm
Greetings all,

I purchased my first DS system about a month ago and am eagerly waiting on it to arrive (hopefully this week ) but I have a question about the shipping. My system is getting shipped via freight and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with that method. I work a 7am-5pm job so the likelihood of me being there when the shipping guy shows up is slim unless they deliver this Saturday. I'm pretty sure my landlords would be ok with it being delivered to the housing office (if I get that approved with the shipping company) but I'm not sure how they'll feel about it if it barely fits in the door. So does anyone have any data on just how big the freight container is? Or how the preferred shipping company usually delivers? I may be able to scram home from work if a delivery time is accurate, but I still have 3 flights of stairs to lug the thing up.   
Asus Sabertooth Z87
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz
16Gb 1866MHz Corsair Dominator
Nvidia Geforce 780 GTX 3Gb
120 Gb Corsair Neutron GTX
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 6:42pm
@Ragemelayer, welcome to the community and thank you for choosing Digital Storm!

From what I know, the freight company will leave the pallet outside in front of your house or location. You will have to take the package off the pallet yourself.

I do believe they call to schedule a time? Perhaps others can chime in that have ordered freight shipping.

You may also call us directly and we can help you with any other questions you have.
Back to Top
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 06 Jul 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2551
  Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 10:16pm
Not sure if all freight companies are the same, but I had something freight shipped once and they set up a 2 hour delivery window. Best option is to choose the 8-10a and most likely you'll be their first stop (that's what I did). They also called when they were on their way and told me they would be arriving in about 30minutes... Your mileage may vary... I don't believe they do weekend deliveries, so you might have to take part or a whole day off...
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 6:34am
Some have been known to slip the delivery guy $20 or so for a little help hauling it inside and maybe up some stairs.    Whoa
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.1015625 seconds.