FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Times Late 2020

Post Date: 2020-11-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mr.Wobble View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mr.Wobble Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shipping Times Late 2020
    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 4:30am
Hello all! this is my first post,

i had purchased a Custom build on 11/15 and it’s currently in stage one, i was wondering if anyone else has recently purchased anything from digital storm and could tell me their experience. i’m trying to stay optimistic and hope it will be here sooner rather than later since it’s before Christmas and tax returns but it’s really hard to stay patient here.... lol

thanks!
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 7:22am
Took about two months to get mine, but well worth the wait. Digital Storm has been around a long time and I have had many of my gaming buddies buy from them in the past.

As far as wait times, it's hard to tell as there are so many factors involved here. Pandemic and all it's associated problems as far as the number of people and distancing in a work place. Then the trade dispute with China, where so much of the electronic components used to build a complete gadget is hurting. Supply chain issues, nVidia and their epic fail on release of the new cards, same will probably happen with the AMD cards with their release starting today. Not to mention the "BOTS" that buy them up and then scalp them at online retailers. News about that all over the tech. world and companies efforts to stop or slow it down.

Then, on top of all that listed above, throw in the fact that so many more people are buying PCs since they are shut in their homes.

All I can say is, be patient, you will get a top notch machine. You are looking at, depending on what you ordered, around 2 mos. is what the average seems like. So many are waiting on components to come in for their builds. Good luck and welcome.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 5:02am
Very well stated, fdfwfireman. All of the above has affected all computer builders across the board. You are still at one of the very premier builders in the business IMHO. That should help carry you through the unavoidable waiting. Believe it or not, the waits were longer last summer, as the supply chain was even more broken.
Mr.Wobble View Drop Down

Quote Mr.Wobble Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 5:37am
thank you both for the replies, i’m feeling better. optimistically looking at this, l may have placed my order at one of the best times. if it is hard to get hands on certain PC parts now, i’m scared to think about how hard it’s going to be come black friday, Christmas, and tax return season.

Edited by Mr.Wobble - 19 Nov 2020 at 5:38am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 5:58am
I'm concerned about the same thing.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 11:01am
Hi,

Just a quick insight. The major delays right now are on new Ryzen 5000 and RTX 3080 due to market wide shortages. Other components we readily have available.

Mr. Wobble, your config looks pretty straight forward and should not experience any delays and should ship on time.
 Post Reply Post Reply