FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

should i be concerned

Post Date: 2020-10-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*Thomas* View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote *Thomas* Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: should i be concerned
    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:10pm
Hey all, i am currently using, Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU),
and i'v noticed that it's about half way empty, there is no leaks and everything is running fine, but i contacted support since i don't have the tool that i was told i should have to open it up to top it off, and am waiting for their replay atm but my question is should i leave my pc off until i can get it topped off? or is halfway not too dangerous ? thanks in advance
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:27pm
If there are no leaks, and the liquid level in the reservoir has dropped only because of evaporation, then you are fine with continued use of the system. You are trying to protect the water pump from sucking on air (no coolant left), and subsequently burning out as a result.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:47pm
You should have no issues if the reduction of coolant has been through evaporation like GrandesBollas posted. I loose about an inch/year and also have the HydroLux Pro with cpu and gpus under liquid.

You only need a 6mm hex key to unscrew the cap on top of the reservoir. A very small one came in your parts box.

Make sure when you contact DS to find out what brand and type coolant they used on your system. It has to be the same. Coolants are not compatible.

Good luck and keep us posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply