FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I swap my build to the bolt x with liquid..

Post Date: 2019-03-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Should I swap my build to the bolt x with liquid..
    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:10pm
I have a lumos on order which has the following components:
- RTX 2080 Ti
- 32 GB ram
- ASUS Rog god like
- i9 9900 k
280 mm AIO

My biggest question is I’ve always loved liquid cooled look. However I am not savvy in building pc’s let alone fixing them, makes me too nervous!

For the same price I got my lumos I could do full cpu/GPU cooling on the bolt x.

Concerns if I do get the bolt x:
- limited to 1 PCIe
- liquid cooling will leak, not work, cause a huge headache and require maintence every month.

Positives if I do:
- looks cool
- slightly quieter

Concerns if I keep the lumos:
- the AIO won’t be enough and the computer will blow up
- be a bad pc?

Positives if I do:
- peace of mind no maintence just gaming

Or I can keep my build, I don’t know what to do. I will be keeping this pc for many years to come. So just want the best performance and most reliable.

Thanks
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Cretae

Your last sentence actually contains your own answer. In many years to come, you are going to HAVE TO perform maintenance on a liquid cooling set up. And yes, it could leak.

Your AOI cooler is under warranty for 5 years, and I've not seen anyone here report a failure yet. It will keep your CPU chilly. Case and GPU fans will take care of that part.

I am curious about your build. What do you cut to get Hydrolux Pro at the same price? Seems a lot of expensive parts you may not need. What's your use? What's your screen resolution?

I haven’t decided on a monitor yet ....
I would forgo the ASUS rog god like MB and the 1000 watt
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 2:48pm
Your last sentence actually contains your own answer. In many years to come, you are going to HAVE TO perform maintenance on a liquid cooling set up. And yes, it could leak.

Your AOI cooler is under warranty for 5 years, and I've not seen anyone here report a failure yet. It will keep your CPU chilly. Case and GPU fans will take care of that part.

I am curious about your build. What do you cut to get Hydrolux Pro at the same price? Seems a lot of expensive parts you may not need. What's your use? What's your screen resolution?

Edited by Cretae - 04 Mar 2019 at 2:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply