FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I wait for Black Friday?

Post Date: 2020-11-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joshie84 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote joshie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Should I wait for Black Friday?
    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:32am
Budget:
$3000

Usage:
Work and playing games like Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K.

Was just wondering if this is a good time to get a new rig or will there better discounts during black friday / cyber monday? Was thinking of the AMD 5900X and RTX 3080.

Edited by joshie84 - 10 Nov 2020 at 11:32am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 3:44am
You should wait, and in the meantime research the synergy that will come from an AMD 5800XT paired with that CPU. Those cards will debut Nov 18, and they may well be available on the configurator. You may be able to score one in the first round of inventory, while others still wait for the slow trickle from Nvidia.

As to Black Friday, you should find a sale perhaps up to the day after Cyber Monday. I would not expect more $$ off than they have already, but you may be able to score an extra year of warranty, and perhaps a special price on a part or two.

In the past, the volume of sales has been very heavy, and builds are already delayed waiting for the GPUs, and some CPUs. Patience will be the only word to live by. I'm not an insider, just a customer like you with some prior experience. Will be 3 years now , I ordered my 3rd DS on Cyber Monday. I got it January 4th. between weather and the two Holidays in the way, it took 12 days to ship across the country!

Doesn't matter, It's a great rig worth every penny and all the wait!
 Post Reply Post Reply