FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Side Panel Window on Slade Workstation

Post Date: 2021-03-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guillermo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Guillermo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Side Panel Window on Slade Workstation
    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:25am
I just placed an order for a Slade Engineer workstation and was wondering if there's any other cases with the side panel window/glass that may be compatible.
Would like to display it in our office and have some lighting on the inside as well.
Anybody out there have these in their office? Do they attract attention or do they become an eyesore after a while?
I'm a draftsman using autocad.
thx.

Edited by Guillermo - 01 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 3:21am
In workstations, there is small, medium, and gigantic. The Slade is all business, the Velox, for $298 more, is the one available you inquire of for a touch of bling. The Aventum, I believe, is something on the order of $700+, and weighs in at some 90 pounds before the parts go in!

The Velox has the side window, and you may order some "Internal Lighting" for free, or $29. I really lack details about the $29 DS option. The free one is a simple led strip that fastens to the inner perimeter of your window. It comes with a remote that allows for over 300 combos of lightshow, can be a single color, or turned off completely. You may also order RGB case fans that will be always on. The Velox is reputed to have excellent airflow characteristics, but the Slade performs well also.

The RGB fans could indeed become a distraction, but the lightstrip could be changed from time to time for variety as long as it lasts. Obviously, that's a variable.
tfg1955 View Drop Down

Quote tfg1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:10am
Thats a Cooler Master case. Silencio S600 has the window. They probably sell a window to you.
Guillermo View Drop Down

Quote Guillermo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Cretae

In workstations, there is small, medium, and gigantic. The Slade is all business, the Velox, for $298 more, is the one available you inquire of for a touch of bling. The Aventum, I believe, is something on the order of $700+, and weighs in at some 90 pounds before the parts go in!

The Velox has the side window, and you may order some "Internal Lighting" for free, or $29. I really lack details about the $29 DS option. The free one is a simple led strip that fastens to the inner perimeter of your window. It comes with a remote that allows for over 300 combos of lightshow, can be a single color, or turned off completely. You may also order RGB case fans that will be always on. The Velox is reputed to have excellent airflow characteristics, but the Slade performs well also.

The RGB fans could indeed become a distraction, but the lightstrip could be changed from time to time for variety as long as it lasts. Obviously, that's a variable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Guillermo View Drop Down

Quote Guillermo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by tfg1955

Thats a Cooler Master case. Silencio S600 has the window. They probably sell a window to you.

I will look into it. Thank you
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 3:07am
Digital Storm will custom order any part they can get for you. It requires special handling for them, so there is a fee charged, but a windowed "Slade" would not cost nearly as much as the upgrade to a Velox.
 Post Reply Post Reply