FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SilverStone AP181 intake fans for sale (180mm x 3)

Post Date: 2010-10-19

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OnBake Platinum View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
  Quote OnBake Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: SilverStone AP181 intake fans for sale (180mm x 3)
    Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 3:26pm
So, while I was waiting for my assassin from digital storm, I went ahead and bought 3 180mm air penetrators to upgrade the stock fans when I got it. But when I received the machine, digital storm already upgraded my stock fans with air penetrators FOR FREE! So now I am stuck with 3 of these huge fans that I stupidly bought and I'm trying to get rid of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200533362357

These fans are pretty bad ass. I can feel the air moving when I hold my hand a whole 10 inches above the case even on the low setting (which is like over 2 feet from the fan itself and a bunch of obstacles in the way). On high, the cobwebs in the top corner of my room dance.


Edited by OnBake Platinum - 19 Oct 2010 at 3:27pm
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:04pm
Back to Top
OnBake Platinum View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
  Quote OnBake Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:29pm
^I noticed that the fan on top is also a "golf" fan. Was that a free upgrade too or does the case come like that?
Back to Top
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2312
  Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:51pm
whaa?! where do you GET golf bladed fans?! SS doesn't sell them anywhere, are they OEM'd?
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 8:02pm
Digital Storm exclusive!
Back to Top
Mr. View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 17 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 510
  Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 9:34pm
wait so the top of the assasin is a "golf fan"? whats a golf fan lmao
Mr.
Back to Top
OnBake Platinum View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
  Quote OnBake Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 9:47pm
You know how a golf ball has a bunch of little craters all over it? Those dimples somehow improve airflow. They tested it with a car on mythbusters and there was actually a difference vs no dimples!

http://www.globefan.com/products_index02.php?Cid=1201

And I found out the golf fan actually is stock on ft02 cases.
Back to Top
Mr. View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 17 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 510
  Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 3:46pm
ohh i see. thanks for explaining
Mr.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.1020508 seconds.