Post Date: 2008-03-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cpt Spaulding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Since I was shot down
    Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 1:49am
Well since I sent my payment paypal and was taken out of my bank account and Digital Storm didn't accept it (and I'm in limbo for probably a week or two now with that money issue).

Questions.

I'm getting Vista 64, I don't know crap about Vista, with the 64 bit edition. Will I still be able to use programs I currently have and games or will I have to wait for updates to them?
If not I'll go ahead and add Dual Boot XP Pro with my order since I'm delayed again. Also may throw in the Blu-Ray player too if I do that :p

Also to DigitalStorm staff:
If you ship to APO/FPO included it on the website so you can ship it.
Included a way to pay from your bank account (doing a echeck and having to mail a check in isn't a echeck imo).
You accept PayPal but inform the customer you need the verification and QUICKLY (I'm 11 hrs ahead of PST and called last night my time which was around 9-930 am PST and figured I was good, just verifying stuff). This morning at work, funds returned.
I understand verification process and all I have to do that with my job (and it can seem a pain at times with what people have to go through) but it would help to know prior to what stuff your going to need. If I was in the states it wouldn't be an issue, but I'm not and there are some flaws in the system.

To Customers:
The customer service is above amazing and I can always get through quick and easy. I'm just a special case, I'm in Kuwait (+11 PST), I'm shipping to my wife (because she don't want to take the chance of the comp getting messed up here) who recently moved again from my Billing Address, my CC was canceled for Fraud (still waiting on a new one), there are no fax services here, and I never got checks from my bank.
So I have to deal with time diferences and really bad luck. I've called probably about 8-10 times now (mostly have talked to Duke talked to someone else once or twice I believe), even when I had q's on rig Duke responded quickly. So far I've had no issues and I've never got the "OMG it's this guy AGAIN" and have them try to rush me off the phone or anything.

I'll keep yall up-to-date on the craziness and hopefully I'll be able to write a review while I'm home on R&R (around the end of April hopefully) or shortly after I return to Kuwait. My wife and I had our first child 3 weeks before I left for here and she recently moved, very stressed out, hates 99% of customer service people because they screw her order up or are just stupid. So if my wife get's the computer and is happy I know ANYONE will be. I'll post a review topic as soon as the computer arives (and I can see it on webcam lol).
brian View Drop Down

Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 2:24am
good info. iam to shipping to fpo address. where are you guys?
Cpt Spaulding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by brian

good info. iam to shipping to fpo address. where are you guys?

Well I was looking at shipping a 680 case to Kuwait wasn't told that they sometimes do or don't. Nor did I realize that could only be done on the phone. USPS I know ships almost ANYTHING, and we have DHL and FedEX too here (if your willing to pay the extra cash I don't see why DS wouldn't ship that way).

Also I have a buddy in Japan and he had a pain working house hold goods and all (but it's all do able just takes more time that's all) to get his stuff to Japan to begin with.

I do recommened though when you ship the system back DON'T LET TRANSPORTATION SHIP IT! Keep the DS boxes and ship USPS and pay for the insurance. You know the military only pays a percentage if it gets damanged (and brand new stuff already has a 10% reduction value to them). I just know to many people that got screwed, so it's just some info to think about for you brian.
 Post Reply Post Reply